INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disc # - how to recognise Disc # in Album view  (Read 1786 times)

murrayp

• Recent member
Disc # - how to recognise Disc # in Album view
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:35 am »

Hi,

I've set my music files up with tags (using tag & rename) including disc no. for multi disc albums.  This seems to work for other players, but JRMC15 doesn't seem to recognise them for me.  If I add a disc # column, nothing shows up.  If I order by track number for eg a 3 disc album, I'm presented with three track 1's then three track 2s etc.  Some other programs seem to use disc # data to create a track number like 101, 102 ...201, 202, ....301, 302 that overcomes this naturally. No doubt there is an easy fix here and I'm doing something dumb.  Any hints please?

tks

Murray.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Disc # - how to recognise Disc # in Album view
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:21:17 am »

Tag the disc numbers. If you have done that with some other program the file tags may have a different name. Practically only the MP3/ID3v2 tag format has a standardized disc number tag. Other formats may be tagged with a custom tag and that can vary from a program to another.

When the disc number field is correctly filled MC will group and sort multi-disc albums correctly. Use just one album tag for each album (i.e. don't include something like "disc 1", "disc 2", etc. in the album name) and preferably store all album files in a single folder*. You don't need to add the disc number "1" to single-disc albums.

MC doesn't read or write disc number tags from/to .m4a files if you that is your format. However, MC can always store the disc numbers in its database.

EDIT

*Here is a naming rule that works for me: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58502.msg395858#msg395858

EDIT 2

If your disc number tags don't show up because they have a a different header (=name) in the files you may be able to copy the disc numbers to the correct tag with MC's tools. I would need more information before I can provide detailed instructions. If the numbers are tagged with T&R info about the file format might be enough.

Alternatively you might be able to pick the disc numbers from the file/folder name structure if the numbers are included in it. MC has a tool for this.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disc # - how to recognise Disc # in Album view
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:40:19 pm »

this is my custom field for resolving the disc # issue:

[Album]If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1),,/ /[CD[Disc #]/])If(IsEmpty([Year],1),,/ /([Year]/)) - [Album Artist (auto)]

result:
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up