INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying Music From iTunes.com--Can it be Done Without iTunes?  (Read 4196 times)

kristian

• Recent member

Greetings,

As I'm rather anti-Apple, I'd rather not have to install the awful iTunes on my pure W7/MC music server just to download music from iTunes. Is it necessary, or can I do without?  What is the best way to download music from iTunes into my MC 14? Unfortunately, a few artists I know only have their music available on iTunes.

Thanks!

Kristian

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Buying Music From iTunes.com--Can it be Done Without iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:26:57 pm »

No.  To buy music from iTunes, you must use iTunes.

Buy from Amazon instead.  They have a good selection, high-quality MP3 files, and generally better prices.  The times when their catalog is missing something that iTunes has are few and far between.  If you do indeed hit those few odd choices that aren't available on Amazon, though, you'll need to fire up iTunes or (gasp) buy physical media.

I have no use for spinning plastic discs, so I fire up iTunes.  It isn't so bad anymore as long as you don't try to use it to actually manage your music.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:02:31 am »

+1 for Amazon.

Occasionally there will be some iTunes exclusive content, but I've found in quite a few cases that these songs eventually found wider release at other venues.

Lala.com was great but Apple bought them.  You can still find lots of great stuff at AmieStreet.com (sometimes MUCH cheaper than at other vendors due to their pricing structure).  I also subscribe to Napster.com which is a really great deal.  $5/month gets you unlimited streaming of everything (though, sadly, not in MC) and 5 free MP3's a month.

kristian

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:36:26 pm »

Hmm;  >:( I *Hate* Apple and everything they do, particularly iTunes. 

Thanks for the Amazon suggestion--I'll check!

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:28:32 pm »

Hmm;  >:( I *Hate* Apple and everything they do, particularly iTunes. 

Thanks for the Amazon suggestion--I'll check!
I hear you.  I can't stand iTunes.  Thank goodness for MC!

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 08:18:37 am »

Just thought I'd add that the reviews in Amazon generally make a far more interesting read than the usual synchophantic "This is fantastic!" "Best ever!" "5 STARS A+++" pap on iTunes. The whole browsing/shopping experience is just .... better.

shara4you

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 12:31:26 am »

You must have a itunes account to buy songs and movies from itunes store ,there is no alternative for itunes. it is the reason i hate apple
long time focus on digital productsconvert video to ipad|/ipad video converter ,ipod iphone ipad geek,macbook pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up