INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.95 -- Available here  (Read 4694 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Media Center 15.0.95 -- Available here
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:44 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150095.exe

15.0.95 (8/12/2010)

1. Fixed: Showing split views of multiple Playing Now zones could cause problems at startup and shutdown.
2. Optimized: Improved performance of Playing Now views.
3. Fixed: The ListCombine(...) expression function did not work properly with single item lists. (only applies to last few builds)
4. Optimized: Improved handling of tagging engine when dealing with files that can't be tagged.
5. Fixed: Several strings that were not translatable.
6. Changed: Updated all translation files to include latest language from the source code.
7. Fixed: Revised WMA shutdown sequence to possibly fix stalling on stop of certain web media streams.
8. Fixed: Television recordings in non-jtv format could not be deleted from disk.
9. NEW: Added 'Gapped Fade' switch tracks mode (fades out previous track, plays a little silence, then starts new track).

15.0.94 (8/11/2010)

1. NEW: When playback fails, the player will see if configuring the Output Format DSP could fix the failure, and if so, it will offer to automatically make the adjustments.
2. Fixed: The 'Help' button on the 'File Types' options dialog went to the wrong topic.
3. Optimized: Reworked ASIO pipeline to improve buffer fill performance and remove any thread locking -- fill callback over 15% faster on a multi-core system, more on a single-core system.
4. Changed: Process memory cleanup performed when switching views or minimizing the program could cause a playback hiccup with some audio hardware (cleanup no longer done while playing).
5. NEW: Netflix in Theater View "Connected Media" now shows individual TV shows from a season disc rather than one entry for the entire season.
6. Fixed: If MC is scheduled to record a television program with extended end time that is more than 5 minutes beyond the program end time, the next program could not be scheduled to be recorded.
7. Fixed: Ogg tagging fixes. Wasn't reading REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN properly and wasn't writing the mapped tags properly.
8. Changed: Ogg and FLAC tag writing does DISCNUMBER instead of DISC #, on writing, if DISC # exists, it's deleted. On reading if DISCNUMBER doesn't exist we look for DISC# (as well as the MEDIAJUKEBOX: variants).
9. NEW: Added ability to dither output when outputting 8-bit or 16-bit data (selectable in DSP Studio > Output Format > Bitdepth).
10. Changed: MC no longer requires the presence of "Recording Rule ID" tag in a video file to treat it as a television recording.  MC now requires Genre field to be filled with "TV Recordings" for a video to be considered recorded television show.

15.0.93 (8/9/2010)

1. Fixed: MC would crash as a Library Server client when user tried to cancel a television subscription recording (build 92 only).
2. Changed: Saving and loading of VST plugin settings and presets works nicely with more plugins like Span, Console, or other chunk-based setting plugins.
3. Changed: Camera enumeration used by Action Window > Camera does enumeration in a low priority background thread so devices that are slow to enumerate do not cause the user interface to be unresponsive.
4. Changed: If the WIA subsystem has a critical failure when enumerating cameras, it will not be used again for the remainder of the program run.
5. Changed: Ogg tags. Incorporate JR_DATE precision date if the date is not just a year.
6. Fixed: Ogg replay gain was set from the tags even if it didn't exist.

15.0.92 (8/6/2010)

1. Changed: When zooming into a file in Theater View, the title is shown on the top roller to remove unneeded visual noise from file views.
2. Fixed: When playing a mono file with DSP Studio > Output Format set to 'No mixing', mono could still get mixed to stereo.
3. Changed: Added support for m4a and ogg files when connecting to a DLNA serverp.
4. Changed: When connecting to a DLNA server, more fields are retrieved (track #, etc.).
5. Changed: When acting as a DLNA server, if the automatic album artist is '(Multiple Artists)', this will be provided to clients connecting to the server.
6. NEW: Television recordings can now be scheduled on a Library Server client, and the actual recording will happen on the Library Server.
7. Changed: If a user does not explicitly pick a channel output mode with DSP Studio > Output Format, mono will automatically be output as two channel mono (can still force one channel output by enabling and configuring Output Format DSP).
8. Changed: Improved energy preservation math in Room Correction bass redirection system.
9. NEW: DLNA Controller will work without the DLNA server enabled. This means you can load a library (read DLNA server) and direct the output to a DLNA renderer with MC doing the controlling.

15.0.91 (8/5/2010)

1. Changed: Room Correction no longer considers channels with no data (because of 2.1 mixing) when calculating the maximum possible gain.
2. Fixed: After snapping the program to the edge of the screen, a single-click of the titlebar would unsnap it.
3. Changed: Snapping to the edges of the screen only happens if the mouse is stopped near the edge for a little delay, so dragging quickly between screens won't cause the program to jump around.
4. Changed: When connected to a Library Server, zones from the server will not appear as DLNA zones if they're also "There: " zones.
5. Changed: Library Server zones will get the same zone ID each connection so that settings like zone link timing persist between runs.
6. Fixed: After loading a different library, the Media Network engine (servers, DLNA control, etc.) would not be restarted automatically.

HiFiTubes

Re: Media Center 15.0.95 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05:23 am »

NEW: When playback fails, the player will see if configuring the Output Format DSP could fix the failure, and if so, it will offer to automatically make the adjustments.

Do we get a warning/notification? I foresee people, weeks later, realizing the intended settings were never set. Is this a double-edged sword?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:12 am »

From the first post:
...  it will offer to automatically make the adjustments

HiFiTubes

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:39 am »

.95 won't decode on server to PCM and send to client (Always Convert>Uncompressed).

Tried three clients PCs.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 01:31:44 pm »

5. NEW: Netflix in Theater View "Connected Media" now shows individual TV shows from a season disc rather than one entry for the entire season.

This is great - thanks.  Is there any way the episodes could be grouped so that there is only one at the top level and we could drill down to show the individual episodes.  With them listed separately at the top level it has made my queue very long now and difficult to find what I want.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 02:02:19 pm »

This is great - thanks.  Is there any way the episodes could be grouped so that there is only one at the top level and we could drill down to show the individual episodes.  With them listed separately at the top level it has made my queue very long now and difficult to find what I want.

I agree - grouping, and ordered by episode is essential.  Currently, it is not possible to see which episode should be played next (in a series), so I have to go to the web via browser anyway.  I might as well just use Silverlight in the browser.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 01:29:08 am »

I did mention this once before, but was not very clear (some text was lost).  Thought I would add some pictures to help.

I have a list type field called .Mood (note the . ).  This field is calculated from the field Mood (without the . ) via the expression "[Mood]&datatype=[ list]" .  Mood is a little like genre in that it a string with multiple semicolon deliminated types (eg. for a particular song .... Mood = Cool;Chill;Groovy) . (see second and third images in gallery linked below)

When viewing by category .Mood (note the . ),  I get a lot duplication of fields, see first slide in gallery.  Items that have "Mood = Cool" and only cool are listed in a separate category to those items that have "Mood = Cool;Melodic;Chill".  (see first picture in gallery)

I haven't been able to think of why anyone would want that behaviour, so am assuming it is a minor bug somewhere in the list conversion or category identification??

The pictures are perhaps a bit more self explanatory.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/9D826E19-B030-4F25-814C-1268379904ED/List_Duplication/#

Thanks
Craig

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 01:44:10 am »

2. Changed: Saving and loading of VST plugin settings and presets works nicely with more plugins like Span, Console, or other chunk-based setting plugins.

I cannot load Console plug-in.
How did you manage to do it? Which DLL did you load?
Thanks

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 02:00:26 am »

HI

I also cannot load the console plugin (consolevst.dll)

I get the MS Visual C++ runtime error: "This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" when I try to install the console plugin in DSP manager

vagskal

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:46 am »

3. Fixed: The ListCombine(...) expression function did not work properly with single item lists. (only applies to last few builds)

Thanks! That was a nasty one since it was very difficult to spot that the function in some cases did not return all instances it should have.

8. Changed: Ogg and FLAC tag writing does DISCNUMBER instead of DISC #, on writing, if DISC # exists, it's deleted. On reading if DISCNUMBER doesn't exist we look for DISC# (as well as the MEDIAJUKEBOX: variants).

Thanks again! Now I can get rid of two custom fields (one that imported Discnumber from flac files and one that merged the Disc # and Discnumber fields) and I do not have to worry about which file type I am tagging. It is good to see some progress regarding tagging and I am hoping for more, especially the ability to handle original release tags (TORY in mp3 ID3v2.3) for which there is no workaround whatsoever (since TORY tags cannot currently be read at all by MC).

One minor annoyance that might be a bug: Each time I install a new build my locked view reverts to the start page and I have to unlock and reconfigure that view.

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 04:31:45 am »

You've fixed a long standing issue I have had with mono source material.  For some reason, unless I turned on the DSP mixer, I got left channel only playback with WASAPI.  Since the release notes seem to indicate that you've recently done some work in this area, I turned off everything in the DSP, and I have two channel mono back.  Thanks.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

st33ld13hl

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »

This last release is AMAZING! Everything small that would drive me nuts has been fixed :D Thanks!
In particular, when starting MC15 and auto-connecting to my home computer's MC15, it would always pop up a windows password signin. Now MC15 uses its stored password.
Also, the snapping to the edge of the screen delay is wonderful! I hated the 'jitter' it used to do transitioning screens.
Thanks for these tweaks!

dcwebman

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:38 am »

I think I saw this reported elsewhere but it's the same way. Upon submitting cover art, there is no message like there used to be.
Jeff

Knight_Rider

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »

It hangs with an external hard disk plug in. It was solved some time ago but it's back.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 02:20:29 am »

Something broken (or at least changed, so now feels broken) on the Now Playing page when using Track Info views.  Previously, if I changed artwork, eg downloaded from the web via MC's internal grabber, I could minimize the view, then pop it back to full size and the artwork would change - I guess the Now Playing view would refresh itself.  It no longer does this, which I guess ties in with the '2. Optimized: Improved performance of Playing Now views' in the .95 build?  This is a step back in functionality for me as I know have to stop and restart the track to get the album artwork to update, rather than just mini/maximizing...  any chance of having that functionality back??

Pages: [1]   Go Up