INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding [Zone] to Theatre View  (Read 1828 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Adding [Zone] to Theatre View
« on: August 27, 2010, 07:24:15 pm »

Thanks, gappie, for offering (elsewhere) to explain how this is done. I found the Theatre View Skinning Tutorial and ended up adding...

Code: [Select]
  <TEXT>
<Item Text="[Time] ★ [Zone]" Location="***" TextColor="808080" Rect="1.4,1.4,25,5.6" Capitalization="0" Alignment="0" />
  </TEXT>

...to my skin (...\Media Center 15\Skins\Theater View\Obsidian\main.xml). You're right, it's not very difficult. ;)

I'll give this a spin and will let you know if I need any further help.

gappie

Re: Adding [Zone] to Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:03:33 pm »

:) nice and of course with a flashy ★
be sure to put the skin aside in the same folder as the other skins and give it an other name, otherwise you have to add it after each new build you install..

:)
gab

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:06:15 pm »

That's good to know. Is main.xml for a skin replaced with every build, or just when the skin has been updated?

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 04:22:32 am »

That's good to know. Is main.xml for a skin replaced with every build, or just when the skin has been updated?
im fairly sure every standard (standard as in 'skin that comes with mc' ;) ) skin is totally overwritten. that makes it easy though. you could just rename the obsidian folder (but copy and rename will do). and for hygiene sake rename the skin in the second line of the main xml (this is not a must for Theater View skins, since they are recognized by the folder name, contrary to the skins of standard view where the name from the main xml is used  :P )

gab

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 05:24:08 am »

Thanks. It doesn't seem like there's much to them, so it should be easy to spot any changes that might need to be incorporated into the modified version.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:38:55 am »

that is true. and actually most changes happen in the base views, when you look at the second line in the main xml you see a link to a base xml. there are more things setup for the skin. you could copy those settings to the your own skin and change to taste. mc first reads what is in the main.xml and picks the things it misses from the base, so as long as that link is intact there is even less to worry about.

gab

Pages: [1]   Go Up