INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Behaviour - Jump On Play [Feat. Request]  (Read 1918 times)

Mars

• World Citizen
Theater View Behaviour - Jump On Play [Feat. Request]
« on: September 25, 2010, 12:18:36 pm »

Hi,

I have set the Jump On Play destination for Audio, in both General and Theater View options, to "Theater View Playing Now", and for Video to "Display View (even in playing now)". However, in a playlist with a mix of audio and video, it doesn't seem to work like this: when an audio track follows a video file, the view does not change to Playing Now in Theater View but keeps on Display View, and vice-versa. Am I configuring it well?  ?

Mars

• World Citizen
Re: Theater View Behaviour - Jump On Play
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:51:44 am »

Or is that Jump On Play only refers to the actual action of hitting "Play" button for one file, not affecting to the following tracks in the queue?

Is it possible to have two different behaviours for this two types of files within a continuous playback?

Thank You

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:44:54 am »

The same issue in Standard View: When a Video file is queued after an Audio track, the view doesn't switch to Display View.

Any ideas?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:03 am »

Or is that Jump On Play only refers to the actual action of hitting "Play" button for one file, not affecting to the following tracks in the queue?

I suspect this is the case.  I think the system "decides" what view to move to ONLY when you are "at the controls" (when you play a file via the play button, right-click->play, double-click, MCC command, or whatever).

The current behavior is actually my preferred behavior.  If I start a list playing back, I wouldn't ever want it to change views on it's own without interaction from me at all, even if they are different media types.  This would be confusing.  It would also make it impossible to use those options and still have a seamless playback experience with "mixed" media types in the Playing Now queue.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:23:07 pm »

Yeah, I take your point. It would probably be anoying to get the view switched during a mixed media types playback while navigating through the library, etc., when using only one zone.

However, in my scenario, I have a long playlist of mixed audio tracks and music video clips playing on my TV in Theater View, in the Playing Now page with the artist online media slideshow for audio and I'd like to automatically switch to full screen for video. This could affect only to Theater View, as it has its own configuration.

Indeed, it would be like the switch from Trackinfo to the Video display that actually happens when Display View is selected.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:19:47 am »

In my opinion, for its design and interactivity, the Playing Now page in Theater View is much more usable and attractive than any other "Display View" options for Audio in Theater View, mainly because it's accessible with a Remote Control (I think you can't select things, or activate scrolls with a RC in a Trackinfo Template, nor in a Visualization).

It would be very nice to have a Trackinfo Template with the same features (Artist Slideshow, Remote Control accessible), but I think there aren't , and that's the reason why I'd like the view changed to Playing Now for Audio and to Display View for Video.

Mars

• World Citizen
Re: Theater View Behaviour - Jump On Play [Feat. Request]
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:57 am »

I'm turning my topic into a feature request  ;D :

In Theater View, I would like to be able to choose a "preferred" display for each kind of media (Last View, Display View, Standard View, ...) so that in a continuous playback session of mixed media types, the views would automatically switch to the desired profile. Of course this option would have a "checkbox" to activate/disactivate - For example, I would disactivate when doing library management tasks, and then activate again in an audio and music videos session.

This feature/option could also be extended to the other views.

Would this be interesting for anyone else?

Thank You
Pages: [1]   Go Up