INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print a Album List  (Read 11856 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Print a Album List
« on: November 20, 2010, 03:32:23 pm »

Is there a way to export only the list of albums, not an entire tracklist, as a report?

I want to print up a new album list.

thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Print a Album List
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:20:39 pm »

You can create a smartlist that excludes duplicates of Album Artist (auto) & Album. Here is a smartlist rule that should work:
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~nodup=[Album Artist /(auto/)],[Album]

The list will then show only one track from each album. You can set the smartlist to show only the columns that you want to print. For example: Album Artist (auto), Date, Album, and perhaps the Filename (path) column if the location is important.

MC has a print command, but you will have better control of the layout if you paste the contents of the list to Excel or some other spreadsheet or word processor. (select all files in the list > copy > change to the other program > paste)

EDIT

I have used this rule:
[Complete Album]=1 [Media Type]=[Audio] [Disc #]=<=1 ~nodup=[Album Artist /(auto/)],[Album] ~sort=[Album Artist (auto)],[Date],[Album]

It limits the results to complete albums, excludes the disc numbers 2 or bigger, and sorts the resulting list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »

thanks alex.  That worked perfectly.

I appreciate the help.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

vetkooper

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:14:38 am »

thanks, I needed this as well.

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 12:14:08 pm »

Thanks Alex B, I was just trying to figure out both these things, show complete/incomplete albums and how to print a list.
His mind is not for rent..to any god or government

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 08:20:40 pm »

Adding some more info to an old thread for future reference.  See also:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83023.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up