INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS action to get Playing now info?  (Read 2399 times)

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
MCWS action to get Playing now info?
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:04:37 pm »

To get around various niggles I have with WebRemote, I am reworking my web remote service as an ASP.Net web application with similar (but more configurable) functionality. This reimplementation is generally going well. The browse methods are extremely useful!

But I can't work out how to get my "Playing Now" list. I can get a list of track Keys with http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist but I can't find any method to convert each of those keys returned into track info. What I want is the equivalent of "[PlayingNowFile([z]).Name]" in web remote.

I thought I might be able to do it with http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Files?ID=4190 for each track's key. The documentation is vague as to what Browse/Files should return. But it simply returns "<Response Status="Failure" Information="Error retrieving files."/>"

Any ideas?

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MCWS action to get Playing now info?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:25:13 am »

But I can't work out how to get my "Playing Now" list. I can get a list of track Keys with http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist but I can't find any method to convert each of those keys returned into track info. What I want is the equivalent of "[PlayingNowFile([z]).Name]" in web remote.

We are going to switch Playback/Playlist to be a standard files function, like browse.  Then it will allow returning an MPL with metadata, returning a list of keys, or any other files action.

We'll try to get it done this coming week.  Please feel free to bump this thread to remind us.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:07 am »

Thanks Matt,

I had hoped that was the direction you were taking, which is why I started the reimplementation using MCWS. It has already allowed me to eliminate all the tree navigation issues and CSS styling issues I currently have with my use of Web Remote, and I am starting to see other possibilities.

I shall keep a good lookout for forthcoming SDK enhancements to allow me to finish this phase and upgrade my "live" remote control.

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:37 am »

Coming in 15.0.163 and later:
SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist to a standard files function so it can return MPL (use &Action=Serialize to return previous serialized format).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:38:39 pm »

Thanks Matt - perfect  :)

And you can forget all my other WebRemote requests - I can do what I need with MCWS and my own web application.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up