INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revisited: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"  (Read 1066 times)

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Revisited: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:10:42 pm »

The following topic was brought up July 20, 2009 and is again pertinent.....

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification on "Clear Library".

My issue, however, is when you select all files, then select delete from library, then try to re-import those same, recently deleted files.

If you un-check the "ignore previously deleted files checkbox" in an attempt to re-import those deleted files, it fails to work.

Basically, the checkbox toggle seems to be broken in that dialog window I identified.

TR

It's an option in the import process.  It's called something like "ignore files previously removed".  Uncheck it.

Am trying to do what should be a simple task: import a folder(s) of music files into my library.  
But all I keep getting is a screen paraphrasing  "unable to do so because the files were previously deleted".  

Both of you are citing an option that is available when importing files, i.e. "Ignore files previously removed".  

Both...

Tools > Import
and
File > Library > Import

...don't have the option, where is it?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Revisited: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:41:56 pm »

It's in the Edit dialog for each folder...

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Re: Revisited: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:30:02 am »

With the enormity of the features in MC, and the absence of a target for "Ignore files previously removed from library" in the Help/Wiki, I never would have known that without your help :P
Thank you Rick!   Especially thank you for posting the necessary images!  

===============================================================
Addendum for future readers: You will have to know the path to get to the location shown in those images:  Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto-import > Folders [Add appropriate folder(s) and proceed with Edit]

Pages: [1]   Go Up