INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with playing now zones  (Read 2041 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Help with playing now zones
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »

on main machine\server i have server name under playing now and HTPC.
when i click on HTPC under playing now it allows me to play pause rwd,fwd etc. but in playing now it is empty? so basically i cannot see and of the thumbs or names.

on htpc I connect to server for whole library

is it not possible to play something on htpc via the server, and be on the server and view whats playing on the htpc?

If so.. how please? i've looked at settings but my playing now is empty for the htpc on the servers playing now.
Thanks

HTPC4ME

Re: Help with playing now zones
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:43 pm »

Bump Please

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:53:53 pm »

It is definitely possible I do it all the time.
The only thing that makes any sense to me is the display for that zone is detached/lost, the file list is hidden and your skin has a font color issue preventing you from see the note that tells you the display is detached double click to return. See below (message in red and both arrows pointing up in blue).
Sean

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:06:43 am »

thanks for reply and screen shot Scolex

but your screen isnt showing the details or thumbnails under the playing now display window.

im talking about a client having files in playing now, and you being on server choosing palying now for htpc, and I'm assuming you should be able to see those files that are in the playing now for the htpc while on server.

But i can't, i can hit paue, play next track etc.. but i have no clue whats in the playing now for the htpc, unless i walk to htpc room and look at it's display.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:21 am »

sent you a PM
Sean

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:22 pm »

replied to pm.

well think my issue is different then yours. htpc is playing all of my comedy standup videos.  playing now is FULL of thumbnails. went back to server chose HTPC in playing now and it is empty. if i click on pause\ffwd, rwd, stop those commands work. but i still cannot see and of my playing now thumbnails and it says there are no files, double click here to play the entire library. above that display is empty as well. ive tried double clicking the display and all that does is bring jriver into large display mode.

also when in server if i right click the HTPc under playing now and chose clear playing now, it doesnt clear the htpc's playing now. so i'm thinking something must be wrong with my settings or something?!
When i'm on HTPC i see all servers thumbnails in playing now, and when i right click server and chose clear playing now it clears the playing now on the server.

So i have no clue what the problem is. but i would like for it to work.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but bear with me.

Assuming you have two zones on the server, zone1 and zone2

On the client, when connected to the server, you should see both of those zones individually under playing now.  if you have zone2 selected (intentionally or not) when you select media to play, it will obviously play on zone2, and if you look at zone1, you won't see anything in playing now, since it's playing on zone2.

Now, if, on the client, you have zone1 AND zone2 mapped to your local speakers, you will hear your media playing on either zone from those same speakers.  This means that you could have zone2 playing media on your speakers, when you intended to use zone1 to playback the media, but perhaps you were mistakenly on zone2 when you initiated the playback.

A quick check of this would be to look at both zone's playing now, and see if one of them shows the thumbs you're currently missing there.

if this isn't the issue, sorry, I'm at a loss to explain it :(
pretend this is something funny

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 12:07:55 am »

example...on server now. friends are partying in theaterroom on htpc. i heard a great song. i wanna see what it is. on server i goto palying now htpc. and the progress bar is moving but doesnt say name of song artist nothing, just says 1:23/live 0 of 0 xtacy-HTPC and below that in display it's empty, and below that where thumbnails should be is empty. so i cannot see what is playing at all, but i can use vol\play\pause\fwd\rwd to control the htpc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up