INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your mp3 player work with MC?  (Read 2521 times)

wnshall2

• Recent member
Does your mp3 player work with MC?
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

Periodically I search the forums to see if I can find recommendations for mp3 players that work with MC.  (Currently I use a Zen player: MC transfers files, sometimes, but not playstats.  But it frequently hangs, and is less than ideal, hence the search for a different player.)  I've found many posts asking for similar info, but few responses.  So, I figured I could try to gather the info and collect the responses for the Wiki or elsewhere.

So, if you use an mp3 player, reply to this thread and give a little info:
player model, whether MC supports syncing of playstats, what version of MC you use, maybe a qualitative judgment of how well it works.

With just a couple minutes of your time you can help add valuable info for the community. 
Thanks,

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does your mp3 player work with MC?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:30 pm »

I think you're going to have a much easier time compiling what doesn't work. Namely new-gen iPods.

wnshall2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:09:38 pm »

I think you're going to have a much easier time compiling what doesn't work. Namely new-gen iPods.

Well, that would be useful info too, so I invite anyone who *knows* a player doesn't work to post that too.  The point is that it would be useful for MC users to have some concrete idea of what mp3 players actually work.

Your post seems to imply that most players work with MC.  My perusal of the Forums (and my personal experience with the Zen) indicates otherwise: I've seen lots of people posting about problems syncing their particular player.  This is especially true for syncing play stats.  are there any players that support this?  That's the kind of info I was trying to gather.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:53:58 pm »

My Sony Walkman NWZ-E345 seems peachy.  And until I crushed it in my car door, and after about 3000 firmware updates, my Philips Piece of Crap (4GB) also worked fine.

Transfers and what not to my HTC-HD2 phone are fine.  Not sure about play counts and whatnot.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »

I have a 2G iPod Nano (4GB), 4G iPod Photo (60GB), 6G iPod Classic (160GB) (1st version) that all work perfect with MC. At least syncing and playlists. I don't use ratings etc so I have no idea if that works.

I have  4G iPod Nano (8GB) that will not sync.

MC also syncs fine with my Blackberry 9550 including playlists.

Pages: [1]   Go Up