More > Media Center 16 (Development Ended)

Blu-ray support using LAV Filters

<< < (8/25) > >>

Matt:
nevcairiel just wrote me a nice note.

Thanks a lot jmone for the introduction.

Hendrik:
Hi guys,

thanks for letting me play in your sand box. ;)

--- Quote from: madshi on February 21, 2011, 10:24:37 am ---How far is libbluray, anyway? From its git homepage, current version seems to be 0.0.1-pre? That sounds extremely non-finished to me.

--- End quote ---
The features that i want to leverage out of it are working, that is mostly navigation. Whats not so good so far is Menu support, BD-Live, BD-J, and decryption. But it can properly extract the information out of the .bdmv, .mpls and .clpi files, and putting multi-part m2ts files back together for seamless playback.

Anyway, i'll let you guys know about any progress.

fitbrit:
Thanks, jmone, Matt and Nevcairiel for working together on bringing this to MC for us.

Matt:

--- Quote from: nevcairiel on March 10, 2011, 09:58:47 am ---Hi guys,

thanks for letting me play in your sand box. ;)
--- End quote ---

Welcome to Interact!

--- Quote ---The features that i want to leverage out of it are working, that is mostly navigation. Whats not so good so far is Menu support, BD-Live, BD-J, and decryption. But it can properly extract the information out of the .bdmv, .mpls and .clpi files, and putting multi-part m2ts files back together for seamless playback.

Anyway, i'll let you guys know about any progress.

--- End quote ---

If playback of the main title is working, you've got everything I want.

How could Media Center start trying to support your filter?  Do we need to manually build a graph, or render a certain file from the Blu-ray, or what?

Thanks.

Hendrik:
I'm not sure how i'll do the entry points. One thing i have setup right now is that you just render the index.bdmv file, and the splitter will select the title with the longest duration (usually the main movie), and play that. Other potential (future) possibilities include opening a m2ts file, and it'll figure out which title the file belongs to, and run that. Or opening a playlist file (mpls), or ...

I'll go with the .bdmv solution for now, as the main movie is what people usually want. The only problem with that is with TV Series on a BD, as there are typically 3-4 episodes with a similar duration on there. But i'll get to that once its working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version