INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV 88x TV Problem  (Read 6673 times)

Whealsie

• Recent member
Hauppauge WinTV 88x TV Problem
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:53:57 pm »

Hi there.

I am currently using MC15 for music (Flac files, WASAPI event style into Arcam RDAC, Naim, Totem Arro etc.) I have been pretty happy with the way MC15 works and it all sounds great. I have upgraded to MC16 - but it is in Beta and is currently a bit choppy. My question therefore relates to MC15.

I have a TV Tuner card in each of my machines - all of which are running Win 7 64 bit. The tuners are all variations on the WINTV Nova - one of which is a dual tuner and one a single tuner.

I have the latest drivers and I am using the Hauppauge drivers not the Windows ones (although the issue was the same). I would like to ditch WMC but I cannot get TV to work in MC15 (or 16). I can tune the channels OK and the correct channel selection is found. I cannot get the over the air TV guide and no channels can be viewed or recorded. I have tried changing the renderers but I get a black screen and no image or sound.

Here is the Log from the non WASAPI machine (just in case that is a factor.)

>>

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting writer graph):

Filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
        CLSID: {CBE332C2-ED6F-482D-8497-AB51CA0419B7}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 15\tv\mjtsfilewriter.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '007' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '003' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
        CLSID: {C666E115-BB62-4027-A113-82D643FE2D99}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpeg2data.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '002' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
        CLSID: {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\psisrndr.ax
        Input Pin 'IB Input'
            Connected to pin '001' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'OOB Input'
        Output Pin 'iTV Out'
        Output Pin 'SBE OUT'

Filter 'JRiver Transport Stream Writer'
        CLSID: {32147D78-FAF1-4394-A32C-B9BE9004B229}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output1' of filter 'Infinite Tee'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'Output2' of filter 'Infinite Tee'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '001'
            Connected to pin 'IB Input' of filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '002'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '003'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '007'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Infinite Tee'
        CLSID: {F8388A40-D5BB-11D0-BE5A-0080C706568E}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qcap.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture'
        Output Pin 'Output1'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Transport Stream Writer'
        Output Pin 'Output2'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        Output Pin 'Output3'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Infinite Tee'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Antenna Out' of filter 'Network Provider'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}

Filter 'Network Provider'
        CLSID: {216C62DF-6D7F-4E9A-8571-05F14EDB766A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msdvbnp.ax
        Output Pin 'Antenna Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None

I would be grateful for any light that could be shed on this.

MC15 is the first software I have used that seems to be able to handle a music library without losing or messing up the metadata every few minutes. I would therefore like to expand my usage to allow it to become my main media environment for eveything.

Well done and thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Hauppauge WinTV 88x TV Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »

Which country are you in?  Are some channels MPEG-4?  We can not handle MPEG-4 channels at the moment.

Over-the-air programming info is available for ATSC countries only.  DVB-T users must use XMLTV for programming info.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Whealsie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 05:10:12 am »

Many thanks for your reply,

I am in the UK. Transmissions are DVBT (MPEG2 AFAIK). From what I Have read other people seem to have had some success getting OTA DVBT programmes working. All works OK in MCE and channel scan seems to pick up an appropriate selection of channels. I have been changing my filters to see if that helps - but have set them back to where they were now as it appears that is not the problem.

I would be very grateful if you have any ideas. I have also tried in MC16 beta - just in case - but the same issue.

I am happy to accept that my failure is due to my incompetence, but I guess others will have tried and failed too, so I hope finding a solution may help them too.

Kind regards

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:53:31 am »

OTA Program scan is only implemented for ATSC and not for DVB-T.  Our experience with ATSC OTA Program scan indicates that it is not very reliable.  It gets some programs while misses others.  Because of that we decided it is not worth our effort to try implementing it for DVB-t, especially when you can use XMLTV data.

Receiving and displaying video of a channel is a completely different story, of course.  We have strong, direct confirmation from users in Australia that it works well there.  In UK, I am not as sure. 

Do we have UK users who have successfully used MC for digital TV?

Are the channels you try to play encrypted somehow?  In other words are they Freeview channels?

Please email me a log file that records your attempt to play a channel.  I hope I can figure out something from the log.

I am yaobing at jriver dot com

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:21:18 am »

Our experience with ATSC OTA Program scan indicates that it is not very reliable.  It gets some programs while misses others.
I'm intrested in this issue also. I get full program info with Winfast's over the air scan. Is there a reason why it wouldn't work with MC?

Whealsie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:18:36 am »

Hi Guys, any progress with this?

Whealsie

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 06:04:05 am »

MC16 choppyness was caused by sensitivity to the light bulb type I had in my Kitchen, this was interfering with my mains network and is now resolved.

Switched to MC16 and all is good except no MC16 TV in the UK which means I can't switch off Win MC

:'(

alxj

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 03:45:59 am »

I'm facing exactly the same problem from Italy.
JR16 is able to detectd my card an AVERMEDIA DVB-T but no results from the tuner scan.

I did manage to scan forcing a different country i.e. Germany to get channel list, but no results when I try to tune the channel and system crash when opening the TV in theather mode

Hope you can resolve ...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:43:26 am »

For Italy, we do not have a frequency table.  That is probably why channel scanning does not work.  If you know the frequencies used in your country, you can create a table yourself.  We would also appreciate you posting the info here so we can include a table for the future.  The details are in the last paragraph here.

tjobbins

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 10:56:12 am »

I'm having a problem tuning channels in the UK, using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD stick (dual tuner.)  I am using MC 15 in Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the WinTV drivers installed, and the TV stick works fine in WinTV - in WinTV channel scan worked, and all channels work and have TV guide info.

In MC, the two tuners show up under TV Options, I've configured both to be DVB-T, and then I've tried a channel scan in DVB-T mode.  No channels show up.  I tried both the normal scan and the "thorough" scan.  (Incidentally, it'd be very helpful if some sort of progress info showed in the scan - like Frequency 1 of X or whatever, it just shows Scanning with an empty channel list for ages then disappears having found nothing.)

The DVB Frequencies.XML file contain 48 frequencies for the United Kingdom, and this is the same number (48) that WinTV scans successfully when I tell it to scan All UK Regions.  So unless most of the MC frequencies are wrong, I don't see why it can't find any TV channels.

I'm expecting to use XMLTV to get the TV Guide, but if I can't even find the channels in the first place I'm not sure if XMLTV is going to help?

I'll keep digging and experimenting, but any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

Whealsie

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »

Anyone using MC16 for TV in the UK? Any tips to get it working?

Please...
Pages: [1]   Go Up