INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.43 Beta -- Available here  (Read 6921 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.43 Beta -- Available here
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160043.exe

16.0.43 (3/3/2011)

1. Fixed: Clicking YouTube links in Standard View did not offer download, watch, etc. options.
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: JRWeb.exe web sandbox processes would not shutdown properly on [bWindows XP[/b].
4. Changed: If a television recording ended less than a minute ago, current time-shifting session will not be saved even if the global setting is "Save always".  This will not affect the case where the user specifically choose to save the current session.
5. Changed: Video transcoding for Media Network no longer uses the registry for configuring ffdshow video decoding. It uses an internal interface instead.
6. NEW: Improved DLNA server search support.
7. Changed: When we return an empty DLNA search result, return OK with no results. Previously the result was crashing out PlugPlayer.

16.0.42 (3/2/2011)

1. Fixed: The connect link on the Library Server webpage would start Media Center 15 instead of 16 (ie. http://localhost:52199/LibraryServer).
2. Fixed: Numerous problems with sandboxing web system introduced in build 41.
3. Fixed: Non-English characters were not displaying properly in the Help / Registration Info pop-up.
4. Fixed: The program was not properly finding external artwork saved to the cover art folder.
5. Fixed: Cookies in the web browser engine would not persist between runs.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts were not working properly with web windows.
7. Changed: Right-click and OSD menus "Save time-shifting on stop" are simplified.  Change of setting using these menus is applied only to current time-shifting session.  Global setting at Options > Television remains the same.
8. Fixed: Performer store cache was not getting dumped when a database update was completed leading to new content not showing up.
9. Fixed: When first starting video playback with VideoClock enabled, lip sync could be off until a seek.

16.0.41 (2/25/2011)

1. NEW: The web browser engine is sandboxed to its own process (JRWeb.exe) for increased security and stability.
2. Changed: When downloading something with an internal browser, the integrated download manager will be used.
3. Fixed: WebPlay was unnecessarily transcoding MP3 files.
4. Fixed: In some cases, popup dialogs could appear behind the main program.

16.0.40 (2/24/2011)

1. Internal: Updated the Windows and DirectX SDKs used during compilation to the latest.
2. Internal: The DirectX helper d3dx9_43.dll is required instead of d3dx9_39.dll (downloaded on install when required).
3. Fixed: DVD ripping was creating two destination folders and ripping to the second one.
4. Fixed: The calculation of space available for DVD ripping was not correctly handling mapped network and UNC drives and "Junction" type directories.
5. Fixed: WebKit based browsers running the latest WebKit code could fail to play from WebPlay.
6. Fixed: A few ID3v2 fields would not be properly read when using old ID3v2.2 tags.
7. Changed: Added 'Artist Sort' (TSOP) and 'Album Sort' (TSOA) mappings for ID3v2 tagging (not stock fields, but will populate if the  fields are created by user).
8. Fixed: The Chromium engine would crash on Win2k instead of showing a 'not available' screen.

16.0.39 (2/23/2011)

1. Fixed: Numerous fixes with the new web engine (back, forward, backspace, Netflix playback, etc.)
2. Fixed: Possible thread and memory leak after stopping playback that was converting the output to AC3.
3. Fixed: If the program crashed while recording a television program in the last five minutes and was restarted, recording would not resume if 'Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past' was set for the recording rule.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the program could start maximized with only part of the window visible.
5. Fixed: The WAV encoder would use the .wav extension instead of .l16 when creating a headerless L16 for use on a DLNA device.
6. Fixed: Media Network would unnecessarily cache and stack audio files converted for playback on a DLNA device or Gizmo.
7. Fixed: Import of .l16 files would not work properly (player assumes the sample rate is 44100 Hz).

16.0.38 (2/22/2011)

1. NEW: Web pages inside the program use the Chromium engine instead of the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Changed: When used as a DLNA controller, the timeout for the Play command is changed from 10 to 20 seconds. Fixes trouble with XBMC.

16.0.37 (2/21/2011)

1. NEW: Improved video converter (used by Gizmo) so that it uses the JRiver audio engine to handle audio format conversions.
2. NEW: Zone links are preserved between program runs.
3. Fixed: Some dialogs would not draw properly unless they were resized (only applies to build 35 and 36).
4. Fixed: Video converter used by Gizmo, etc. would not always cleanup properly.

16.0.36 (2/18/2011)

1. Changed: Reorganzed core libraries to be a little more efficient with regards to size and loading speed.
2. Fixed: AverTV M780 PCIe device analog tuner played no sound when not in time-shifting mode.
3. Changed: If auto-import is unable to watch a folder for changes (happens with some network drives, etc.) then the program will scan for changes manually every 2 hours.
4. Fixed: Gizmo or DLNA devices could show a stale list of files in some cases.
5. Changed: When reimporting a previously removed file, the file will be reanalyzed.
6. Fixed: Picking a single file and saying 'Play (with Play Doctor)' would not make a good mix.

16.0.35 (2/17/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Wikipedia movie lookup to better handle titles full of common words like 'To Be And To Have'.
2. Fixed: The /Library command did not work when run through the launcher.
3. Changed: Improved performance when loading or resizing dialogs.
4. Fixed: The 'Remote' options page did not work nicely with large fonts.
5. Fixed: Remote control IR blaster commands could stop working after re-installing the player.
6. Fixed: Auto-import could be slow analyzing network files that were temporarily unavailable.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected playlist and picking 'Lock' would not work.
8. NEW: When right-clicking a playlist group, the option 'Lock All Children' / 'Unlock All Children' is available.
9. Changed: If a user customized the temporary folder, temporary files will actually be created in a 'J River' subfolder of the user selected folder (any files or folders in the 'J River' subfolder will be deleted each run).
10. Changed: Video playback graph building will not consider failure to load subtitles / Line 21 (which madVR does not support) a critical error.
11. Changed: Faster video playback graph building in some cases.
12. Changed: Netflix now retrieves all it's 'feeds' in separate threads simultaneously.

sssceo

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 16.0.43 Beta -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:48 am »

This release 16.0.43 installs and runs on my machine OK.

XP SP3 Intel Core2 Duo.

Since .39 I have not been able to download Audible content. Since .39 clicking on an Audible download link in my Audible library wouldn't do anything. Now a download is triggered but it only downloads the ADMHELPER file.
Charlie

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 01:44:31 am »

I seem to be having some problems with directx.  I have 16.0.42 running XP pro.  It says it failed to load.  Of course Ozone isn't working either.

I am having a problem with my headphones as well.  In the past, when I plug in the head phones (USB) and start an application I would get all the audio through my headphones.  This is no longer functioning for any program.  I am having trouble within 16 to get them to work.  Any ideas.

Tunetyme

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:31:44 am »

I'm getting error message "DXsetup.exe is not a valid win32 application". After finishing install browser is kaput. Please bring back IE (or whatever) browser support for us legacy win OS users! (2K)     :(

Ekpen

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:21:14 am »

Greetings:
I have 42, I tried to download 43, my Chrome browser will not let me. I had to go to 15.74 to download 43. At times the browser works at times, it does not work.
I noticed, the 42 does download and put the contents in an obscure folder. Is it possible in a Options, to have a "Special Folder" for "Downloads". within the Browser ?
My Firefox knows where to put downloaded contents.

Thanks.
Ekpen

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 05:21:59 pm »

I moved a few posts on lags and freezes to a new thread.

If you have the problem, exit MC, restart and after it occurs, please post a log file (under Help).  Don't forget to post the OS you use.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:30:52 am »

Video thumbnail generation seems incredibly slow and also seems to steal focus away from mouse attempts to use a scroll wheel or click and drag, in both MC and other open apps at times.

Can anyone replicate this behaviour, or is it just me?

edit - noticed this in 16.0.42 build also.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:52:54 am »

Chromium is working well for me now!  :)

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:28 pm »

Since .39 I have not been able to download Audible content. Since .39 clicking on an Audible download link in my Audible library wouldn't do anything. Now a download is triggered but it only downloads the ADMHELPER file.

I am still having this problem using .43 on both of my PCs. Have you guys at JR been able to reproduce this problem?

WinXP-SP3 Intel and Win7-64bit AMD
Charlie

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

Check for Updates option seems not to work.
Charlie

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »

Please read the article called "Updates" on our wiki.

audunth

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 04:10:28 am »

DLNA no longer works with my Samsung tv (UE32C8000). It finds the library and can play some files, but .mkv files no longer play (unsupported format error). Most of them played under MC15, although a few .mkv's wouldn't play there either. Now not a single .mkv will play. Can it be the added DLNA v2 support in 16.0.23? Or is there any new settings I need to tune? Settings were copied from MC15.

Have tried enabling/disabling PS3 support, no change.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Trumpetguy

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 04:30:25 pm »

The Output format plugin in the DSP Studio stopped working. JRSS does not seem to be doing anything. All other settings being equal, MC15 JRSS mixes 5.1 to 7.1 channels and 2.1 for stereo sources as always. In MC16 (16.0.42/43/44), nothing happens. Are JRSS and "clone rear to side channels" disabled? The strange thing is that I believe it worked fine just a couple of days ago.

Edit: Did some more tests, and it seems that no parts of the Output format plugin are working. I cannot get resample to work, and changing bitdepth doesn't do anything either (this was tested with WASAPI, not ASIO).

audunth

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:45 am »

Just tried starting MC15, which is still installed on my computer, and accessing the library on my Samsung tv via DLNA, and now it won't play mkv's from MC15 either. This worked before installing MC16, is there a new DLNA driver or something that also affects MC15 when you install MC16? 15.0.159 is the MC15 build I was using before installing MC16.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 11:49:20 am »

If you are experiencing problems showing or leaving a web view (Start, Google, Amazon, etc.), please try build 46 from the bottom of this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62841.0

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

globetrotters1

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:59 pm »

Working with the latest release (also happened in version 16.0.039) when working on the main monitor in the tagging window and playing music, the program crashes more or less regularly. It never crashes when playing music alone or tagging alone. No idea what that can be... happens like 2-3 times a day

And the (sorry) darn tagging jump problem with more than 100 tracks is nerve wrecking... still there in all releases since 15.0.71 or so

ripken204

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »

if you lock a view, then restart the program, that view is no longer locked

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

Working with the latest release (also happened in version 16.0.039) when working on the main monitor in the tagging window and playing music, the program crashes more or less regularly. It never crashes when playing music alone or tagging alone. No idea what that can be... happens like 2-3 times a day

And the (sorry) darn tagging jump problem with more than 100 tracks is nerve wrecking... still there in all releases since 15.0.71 or so

IE9?

globetrotters1

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:58 pm »

IE9?

No, JimH, not at all... Win7 Enterprise, IE8 installed but never used, I use Firefox but rarely browse on the media server machine, sorry
Pages: [1]   Go Up