INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Booty Bass (and other problems)  (Read 1722 times)

arvi

• Recent member
Booty Bass (and other problems)
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:18:52 am »

OK now that I have your attention, here's my story:

I am a recent user of MC 15 and 16.055; I switched to MC from my previous setup because it sounds great and it is as close to an all-in-one player as I can imagine.  However recently I came across some issues that I need help with (I was using 16.055 at the time):

1. The very first CD that I tried ripping with MC was Warren Zevon's "My Ride is Here"-- MC couldn't find the artwork for it and it showed the Genre as "Booty Bass" (I had to look that one up).  Really!?   I fiddled around for a bit but gave up rather quickly and went back to my old solution for ripping (dbpoweramp).    The 2nd CD that I tried it seemed to ID the album correctly.

2. Tried syncing my Ipod: At this point my Ipod already had most of my music but I had updated the cover art and cleaned up tags, and so I selected All Audio, plus a couple of playlists; I very specifically did not select the option to delete tracks not selected for sync.  After letting the sync run for several hours when I checked my Ipod I realized that MC had deleted almost 1,000 tracks from the device.  Upon further investigation it seems that where I added more tracks by an artist already on the Ipod, MC deleted the existing tracks and replaced them with the additions only.  My Solution for this (yet to be implemented)  resync-- ugh what a pain. 

3. Also related to Ipod syncing-- MC put the tracks in the selected playlists on the Ipod, but not the playlists themselves.

OK so what am I doing wrong-- I hope someone can identify easy workarounds; if not, I would appreciate it if someone from JRiver can acknowledge these as bugs and fix them in the next release.

Thanks

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Booty Bass (and other problems)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:46:34 am »

Hello Arvi.

1. Do you mean MC found the right album (right song titles), but with an erroneous genre ? I don't know how the online database is managed (first CD rip is the reference ?), but anyway, the "genre" of an album is very subjective (I think you can find some topics about it in this forum). Wrong genre cannot be a bug... So with only these specific issues, I would personally rip with MC and manually modify the erroneous tags and the missing cover art (MC is really handy for these operations).

Cannot help you on 2 & 3 which is probably those for which you expected an answer :)

arvi

• Recent member
Re: Booty Bass (and other problems)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »

Raphoune,

Thanks for the note... you are right, I was more interested in 2 and 3.  I agree that "genre" is subjective-- and I found the database/MC's choice of Booty Bass for something that anyone would recognize as Rock more humorous than a bug...still, my point is that there are common tools out there that can help me do something very basic faster.

Anyway, I hope that someone from the MC team will respond to 2 and 3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up