INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started  (Read 19176 times)

jherbert

• World Citizen
Playback could not be started
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:52 am »

Upon playback I get the message : "Playback could not be started ...using the format 44100 Hz, 64 Bits Per Sample, 2 Channels", tried ks and wasapi.

Setting bit depth to 16 bit dither using dsp studio yields the same result. Moving back to 072  :-[

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Playback could not be started
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:15:28 am »

Upon playback I get the message : "Playback could not be started ...using the format 44100 Hz, 64 Bits Per Sample, 2 Channels", tried ks and wasapi.

Setting bit depth to 16 bit dither using dsp studio yields the same result. Moving back to 072  :-[

Please try 24-bit.

More information here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63691.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jherbert

• World Citizen
Re: Playback could not be started
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:17:54 am »

Did so, still the same error. Checking the Output-Plugin in DSP Studio does NOT survive restart of MC16. Direct Sound works as advertised including automatic change to the best supported format

Wave out just does not seem to care. Setting same as input does not give any error. Strange.

More strange: Trying wasapi event style after using automatic adjustment through direct sound the error message claimed it cannot output 24 bit data. I do not know if this was possible using ds, but 24 bit seems to have been the setting chosen by MC16 for ds and wave. It is not displayed in DSP Studio, instead the entry line is blank.

Even more strange: Changing dsp setting to 16 bit dithered AFTER going through all this now got for wasapi event style to output sound.

Maybe there is an easier way...
Pages: [1]   Go Up