INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmartLists Do Not Refresh using DLNA or WebRemote  (Read 1556 times)

horse

• World Citizen
SmartLists Do Not Refresh using DLNA or WebRemote
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:49:13 pm »

Starting a new thread for this as I see this question asked in a couple of other threads and getting lost and not answered.

Basically I have various SmartLists that on MC's interface when I select them they are different each time.
Via DLNA and WebRemote they do not, it always returns the same list as if they are static.

It's been this way for a long time, just never been high on the list of things to resolve.
So good news is, my list must be much shorter and I'm getting to the finer details :-)

Anything I'm missing regarding options or workarounds to make my SmartLists "Smart" again via DLNA and WebRemote?

brossmac

• World Citizen
Re: SmartLists Do Not Refresh using DLNA or WebRemote
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »

I noticed this on my NookColor running Gizmo but thought it was just me....

Cocophone

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 01:02:19 pm »

I tried a search but did not find any posts that this was resolved.

I've tried plugplay on an ipod touch and gizmo on a droid phone and neither will refresh my smartlists.

I'm using 17.0.33 media center and my smartlist use this to randomly select 60 minutes of music

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Genre]=[Folk/-Rock] ~limit=-1,1,[Artist] ~t=60m ~sort=

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:27 am »

Smartlists are reevaluated when a device asks for the list of playlists and the Smartlist hasn't been evaluated in one minute.

So with Gizmo, this means you need to wait one minute and then browse Home and go into to Playlists again to rerun the Smartlist.

With other devices it could vary depending on what type of caching they do.

This time delay is necessary because servers are stateless, meaning a device may ask a series of questions about a Smartlist like give me file #1, then give me file #2, and we don't know know exactly when it's done asking questions.  If every question re-ran the Smartlist, it'd be a mess.  The time-delay mostly solves this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

You also might see some improvement in the next build as the updateID logic for content directories has been changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up