INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray import  (Read 10024 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Blu-ray import
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »

Media Center 16.0.116 changes how Blu-ray importing works.  The model closely follows how DVD already works.

All of the files in a blu-ray structure will be represented by a single aggregate entry in the database.

Playing or importing any file on a blu-ray will redirect to the single aggregate and start playback of the main title.

If you need to access individual components of the blu-ray, like a single .m2ts file, you will need to move the component out of the blu-ray structure or rename the core index file in the blu-ray structure (i.e. Z:\BDMV\index.bdmv).  Hopefully blu-ray title selection will be added to a future LAV Splitter so that there will never be a need for this.

It is recommended the you remove your existing blu-ray library entries and import again once you upgrade to build 116 or newer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Blu-ray import
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:14:30 pm »

Hopefully blu-ray title selection will be added to a future LAV Splitter so that there will never be a need for this.

It will, hopefully i can  work on that soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

It will, hopefully i can  work on that soon.

Wonderful.  Maybe you could just sneak it into the stream selection system?

But aren't you supposed to be on vacation :D

JoeH

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:08 am »

Thanks. This is fantastic!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 04:19:02 pm »

Does that mean for multi-version or TV discs we will need to have multiple copies or go back to using separate MKVs?  If that is a case this seems to be a premature change until stream selection is possible.

For example:  I Am Legend has both the Theatrical and the Alternate Ending versions.  By linking to separate .mpls files you can have one copy of the disc with both versions avaialble to choose from.

Edit:  With this change (if I am understanding it correctly), it will complicate title selection.  Right now you can link the individual .mpls files and title them so you can tell what they are.  With a generic title selection process all you will see at most is Title1, Title2, Title3, with length.  That will be an issue if you want a specific special feature and can't tell what is what.  Also going to be an issue for TV series discs since the titles are not always in actual episode order.  For example a disc may contain episodes 5, 6, 7, and 8 but by title number order on disc they are 8, 5, 7, 6.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

Does that mean for multi-version or TV discs we will need to have multiple copies or go back to using separate MKVs?  If that is a case this seems to be a premature change until stream selection is possible.

For example:  I Am Legend has both the Theatrical and the Alternate Ending versions.  By linking to separate .mpls files you can have one copy of the disc with both versions avaialble to choose from.

Like I mentioned, you can rename the root index.bdmv file to temporarily allow working with individual components instead of the aggregate.  It's not the best solution, but hopefully it will be temporary.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:31:03 pm »

Like I mentioned, you can rename the root index.bdmv file to temporarily allow working with individual components instead of the aggregate.

Please see my edit above on potential issues with the eventual 'title selection' functionality.

With the 'older' method I could have one copy of the disc with specific streams linked in MC16 and still be able to open the full disc in a program like TMT5 for full player functionality.  This new method seems to preclude that if I have to start messing with the file contents of the disc.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:33:06 pm »

I like the "concept" but this is not working for me as I was importing and tagging from the one structure multiple MPLS that corresponded to:
- TV Show: One MPLS for each Episode
- Music Blu-ray: One MMPS for each Song
- Movies: Seperate MPLS for the Alternative Ending

I'd suggest that how the new auto import works is fine for the INITIAL import BUT you still should be able to import and tag manually your own MPLS or M2TS if you so want.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:38 am »

Like I mentioned, you can rename the root index.bdmv file to temporarily allow working with individual components instead of the aggregate.  It's not the best solution, but hopefully it will be temporary.

I had a play and it is not the best solution.  I look forward to the suggestions where the auto (or initial import) creates the single instance in the MC Library but that if a user wants they should be able to manually import and tag individual MPLS/M2TS....
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 11:15:38 pm »

OK - it is not as bad as I first thought.  Just tried it out on a Music Video Blu-ray (Green Day Awesome As F__k):
1) Ripped as a Folder to the HDD
2) Imported as a single Blu Ray - Tagged, added Covert art etc
3) Renamed index.bdmv (to index2.bdmv)
4) Imported all my individual MPLS (they correspond to each Song/Chapter but I had to manually create them) - Tagged them up
5) Renamed index2.bdmv back to index.bdmv

As you can see in the attached pic, I now have both he while album and also each individual track.
JRiver CEO Elect

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:42 pm »

That is not as bad as I thought, since it leaves the contents in the original condition.  Would still prefer that auto import does what it does now but manually adding mpls/m2ts/etc be possible without having to rename anything even temporarily. 

dark_fox

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 04:36:14 am »

Hello all,

I'm new here in the forum and using JRiver.

I was wondering, is there any way to rip bluray disks inside JRiver?

With DVD and an audio CD i had no problems.

Regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:12 am »

Hello all,

I'm new here in the forum and using JRiver.

I was wondering, is there any way to rip bluray disks inside JRiver?

With DVD and an audio CD i had no problems.

Regards

For now, you'll have to copy the Blu-ray with Explorer (assuming you have a Blu-ray reader installed).  We may add this to Media Center in the future.

And welcome to Interact.

dark_fox

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »

For now, you'll have to copy the Blu-ray with Explorer (assuming you have a Blu-ray reader installed).  We may add this to Media Center in the future.

And welcome to Interact.

Thanks Matt,

Do you have any time perspective for that feature to be available?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 04:36:54 am »

And welcome to Interact.

Or if you are using AnyDVD HD, then it has a RIP Video DVD to Hard Disc which supports Bluray.

Richard

bpchia

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:10:46 pm »

Is there any way to add a DVD VIDEO_TS folder of a music DVD and have the track names selectable like jmone has done above for a Blu Ray music disc?  Short of splitting the video into separate files manually with a video editor and then importing, that is...which would be easily do-able but then on playback there would be a short gap or "opening" caption between songs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up