INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Bugs in 16.122  (Read 1249 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Bugs in 16.122
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:12:04 am »

Hi Guys,

So I'm on a bender with regards to increasing the functionality of the TV Guide in MC and I'm playing around with view schemes and I come across what seem to be bugs in Theater View...

I'm going to solely concentrate on the Television section here...

My View Scheme is set up as follows -

Television
 - Programs
   - Recent
   - Series
   - Genre
   - Season
 - News & Current Affairs
 - Live
 - Guide
 - TV Series
 - TV Movies
 - Sports
   - AFL
   - Motor Sport

However, when I go into Theatre View - Television now, all I see under Programs is TV Series.

If I go to my TV Series view, then drill down into one of the series, then go Back, it take me back to the TV Series screen, but the only options in the roller are Play All, More and Back which, rather than taking me back to the Television roller, takes me all the way back to the Theater View front screen.

If you'd like to see pics of my setup to get a feel for what I'm talking about, you can find them at http://www.pix01.com/gallery/DAB6CF89-B09D-46B1-8090-103B3C601DE7/TV_as_per_Glynor/index.html

Have to say, the more I delve into MC, the more I love it. Am discovering some seriously powerful stuff in Television / Guide functionality that I never knew was there before the last couple of days.

Thanks again guys!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Bugs in 16.122
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:09:11 am »

Could you send a library backup and step-by-step instructions to reproduce this issue?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:09:56 am »

Hi Matt,

I've managed to replicate it (and fix it)

Basically...

If I create a TV Series view nested under Programs, with "Series (ascending)" in the sort box and the rule set to "Limit database to TV Guide", then unnest it, I get the problem with the programs roller, whereby I can only see TV Series, but also that I get it in the secondary roller AND the primary one.

The "Back" problem is created as follows -
Create the "TV Series" view nested under Television (same level as Programs), display rule is Limit database to TV Guide, sort by Series (A-Z).
This shows me a LIST of programs that qualify. Not what I want.

If I now nest it, and put Series (ascending) in the white box, then Unnest it, I get the view I want, as per the photos Linked to in post 1, but I get the Back issue, whereby if I drill down into a series to see the episodes, then go Back, I get the Series view, but only the back option to go back to the front screen. 

Have emailed you a backup of my library for you to try to replicate.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:41:35 am »

In 16.0.126 (and later):
Fixed: Unnesting a Theater View library view could break navigation in certain cases.

Thanks for the help tracking the issue down.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:54 pm »

Any time.

Appreciate your work, Matt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up