INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number Plays/Last Played field constant corruption  (Read 842 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Number Plays/Last Played field constant corruption
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:34:55 am »

Is there something inherently different about the way the these fields are handled that makes them more prone to corruption?

MC crashed today and afterwards many albums that had play counts lost their values.  I have a view that keeps track of albums that haven't been played using these fields so that I can stay on top of all my recent purchases and now it's polluted once more with a load of albums I've already played (I had the list clear down to one album and now there are more than 100 listed  :o

These field seems to constantly lose data and has done many times over the years; I'm sure I've seen others complain about this too.

So, again, is there anything different about the way these fields are handled and is there anything that can be done to make it more robust.  I've spent years working on my Media Center data, views and so on; it galls me to lose ANY data.  

I did try replacing the Number Plays/Last Played file from yesterday's backup but MC didn't like that at all??  Anything I can do here?

It also makes me wonder if any other data has been corrupted, but unfortunately I've done so much tagging and other work today that I do not want to rollback...

*miffed*

Mark

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Number Plays/Last Played field constant corruption
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:20 am »

I've seen similar.  I have numerous tracks whose play counts are entirely bogus.

One album, which had less than 5 plays per track, had 141 plays for the first track.

Another album, had less than a dozen plays, and one of the tracks (1st or 2nd, don't recall) had over 400 plays.

DLNA failures cause the play counts to advance prematurely.  For example, when issuing a play via DLNA, if the music disc is taking time to come out of low power mode, MC will report an error in playback eventually, skip the first track of the album, and move onto the next track.  But it updates the number of plays *as soon as the Play command is hit*, irrespective of error.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up