INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles -- How to select  (Read 5212 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Subtitles -- How to select
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:22:04 pm »

You can set subtitles in one of two ways.

1.  If a menu exists (DVD), you can use it.  At this time, Blu-ray playback has no menu.

2.  While viewing a movie, you can use the OSD (On Screen Display).  The controls that operate this are the arrow keys on a remote or a keyboard.  Use up arrow or down arrow to move through the available settings, and left or right arrow to change them.

Forced subtitles will show subtitles only when the language used is different from the sound track.  For example, if the movie is in English, but a few words are spoken in Russian, subtitles will appear only with the Russian.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: Subtitles -- How to select
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:08:40 pm »

Forced subtitles will show subtitles only when the language used is different from the sound track. 

How can I make this the default behavior?  I can select this option from the OSD, but the options don't offer this choice.
pretend this is something funny

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »

Can MC not simply use an srt file that is located in the same directory as the video file similar to other Video players such as VLC? There should be an option to automatically use the srt file if one is available.

This would be a nice added feature if we could get this to work automatically.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:13:55 pm »

Can MC not simply use an srt file that is located in the same directory as the video file similar to other Video players such as VLC? There should be an option to automatically use the srt file if one is available.

This would be a nice added feature if we could get this to work automatically.
Ditto!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 05:29:06 am »

Double ditto.  I am not sure what info is contained in the sidecar file, but it would seem that storing info about a video-specific .SRT or other file would be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up