INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startup Theatre View  (Read 4059 times)

rayooo

• World Citizen
Startup Theatre View
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:20 pm »

MC16 is set for startup interface: Theater view.

Each launch I get theater view window and the windows taskbar displayed.

I have to push the green button on remote to get the taskbar to disappear, then select Audio.

is there any way possible since i only use MC16 for playing Audio in Theater view, to have it launch directly into "Audio"?

Or at least not have the windows taskbar show such that I have to push the green button on remote just to get to the point where I can select Audio.

this seems to have been asked prior, but I cannot find any concise answer.

thanks

-RayO
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Startup Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

Make sure there are no background apps running or system tray icons showing. Certain codecs, for example, display their icons in the system tray which can cause this issue. If you can, hide all of these. Also do it via Windows' own icon notifaction system. In WIn 7: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Notification Area Icons > System Icons

I don't have a better answer for this I'm afraid. It seems different systems handle this differently. My main HTPC always starts in tview and I never see the taskbar. On my second machine however, it pops up from time to time, especially if I just rebooted (for some reason).

It would be nice if JRiver could put something in place to ensure the taskbar always stays hidden when in tview.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:57 am »

I've disabled all of the system tray icons and notifications, also tried several different means of starting MC, using Task Scheduler, using the Windows Startup group and of course the setting from within MC16 to start MC16 on boot up.

It was always annoying enough that I have to push the "Audio" button each time I boot up.
Now I have to push the Green button on the remote, then make the Audio Selection, just to get started.

and yes, I have another PC as well that works perfectly in this regard. 

Thanks!

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:43:32 am »

so it appears if I disable the cataylyst control center from launching at startup, the task bar does not steal focus from MC16.
all notifications and icons on the tastbar had been disabled, but, even then it appears CCC wants to steal focus of the taskbar.

this seems reasonable as my other PC is not AMD based and has different embedded graphics (Intel)

now if I could just find a way to bypass the need to select "Audio".. oh well, better quit while I'm ahead.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:48:40 am »

now if I could just find a way to bypass the need to select "Audio".. oh well, better quit while I'm ahead.

You can do this.

MC can be started via command line and you can then tell it to go directly into Theater View > Audio.

The MC command lines commands are:

Code: [Select]
mc16.exe /mode theater
mc16.exe /mcc 22001,3

Unfortunately, MC seems to miss the second command during its startup, so you have to delay a bit.  Since recent Windows don't come with a sleep command, we can use a trick to place a delay between the two commands.  We'll ping for 2 seconds:

mc16.exe /mode theater
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1
mc16.exe /mcc 22001,3

Now, you can either place this into a .bat file and execute it:

@echo off
mc16.exe /mode theater
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1
mc16.exe /mcc 22001,3

or issue it all one a single command line:

mc16.exe /mode theater&&ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1&&mc16.exe /mcc 22001,3
You're probably be more interested in the former.

Create a text file, call it, for example Start MC.bat.  Place the 4 lines from above into the file.  (Note: if you have not already changed Windows to not hide common file extensions, go to Control Panel > Folder Options and go to the View tab, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.  Rename the file to remove the text file's .txt suffix, leaving just the .bat suffix).  Save the file.

Now, you can double click the .bat file to launch MC, and it will quickly thereafter jump into Theater View > Audio.

You'll find that a command window opens.  If you want to prevent that, create a Shortcut to that .bat file, and right-click the shortcut and select Properties.  In the Shortcut tab, select Minimized under the Run pull-down.  OK the window, and now use the shortcut to start MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 05:24:04 am »

Thank you very much MrC and RayM!

I'll get busy right away on the batch file!

-RayO
Pages: [1]   Go Up