INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A small problem with tags  (Read 1416 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
A small problem with tags
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:49:09 pm »

1. When I synchronize my handheld device (folder on sd-card) through MC-client with transcode option (flac -> mp3 in my case, but in general I think with any transcoding). After sync I have mp3 files without any text tags, but with covers - transcoding option "Cover Art - add to tag" works ok. In my library I do not keep cover in file tags for various reasons, and in this sync scenario external cover from library is сorrectly applied to the files.

2. When I synchronize my handheld device (folder on sd-card) through MC-client without transcoding. In this case I have original flac files with all text tags, but with no covers in tag - as a result, many portable players do not see the cover. The option "Enable album artwork support if possible" does not help, the option "Cover Art - add to tag" for now works only with transcoding.

As result I was able to sync portable player without text tags or without a cover.

The DLNA server handles the tags in a similar way:

When I save the tracks through the DLNA server (21st century sync tool :), I do it with BubbleUPnP app on Android phone or by SmartStor Fusion Stream App on IOS), if transcode on server side is disabled, I get a valid file (flac, mp3) with all tags except for the cover.  If transcoding on DLNA server is enable, I save tracks without any text and cover tags.

Perhaps it my specific configuration? I will be glad to hear opinions.

Thanks

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A small problem with tags
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:46 pm »

I've reported behaviour similar to this before with no result.
In essence, when performing a handheld sync, MC will simply pass over whatever is on the disk. In the case of a transcoded file, it doesn't seem to write tags. It's adding the coverart as you're forcing it to do so by using 'Add to Tag', but if you uncheck this option, you'll find completely blank files I think.

Also, when syncing non-transcoded files, the file sent is simply that on disk, regardless of whatever database changes have occured to the tags. To get the 'correct' tags, you need to perform an update library from tags operation before syncing. This is a serious pain for me, as I store everything in the database and I don't care about file tags except on handheld sync.

Both of these should IMHO be counted as bugs.

-Leezer-

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: A small problem with tags
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:00 am »

Thanks for reply leezer3. I'm also thinking what is a bug. Well, perhaps we attract the attention of developers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up