INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.156 -- Available Here  (Read 6570 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.156 -- Available Here
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:53:28 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160156.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.156 (8/19/2011)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters 0.32.
2. NEW: The expression language supports putting strings (like regular expressions, etc.) in comment blocks like /#Text/# to remove the need to do escapement.
3. Fixed: On a multi-monitor system Options > Video > Display Settings could save a different setting than selected.
4. Fixed: Right-click 'Reset Selection' on an individual pane would not update the other panes properly.
5. Fixed: Trying to play a DRM protected WMV video with no rights could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: Using MC16.exe /MCC 22001,2 would not always work reliably.
7. Fixed: Scrolling down in a Theater View grid-style list would not always loop to the last row when pushing down.
8. Changed: Browsing back into a smartlist on Gizmo or a DLNA device will reevaluate the search (may depend on device caching).
9. Fixed: When drilling into a category thumbnail list, the scroll position of the new list could be strange.
10. Faster: Improved the layout performance of the core list / tree UI component used everywhere in the program.

16.0.155 (8/18/2011)

1. Changed: When a file type that's normally a video has its media type set to audio (normally because it doesn't contain a video stream), it will be played with the audio engine instead of playing as a video with no display.
2. Changed: LAV Audio decoder is used for WTV files when possible (may cause WTV playback to fail until the next build when LAV will be updated).
3. Fixed: Issuing an image playback command from the web service while audio was playing and images were already showing could cause the view mode to toggle.
4. NEW: Reworked how pane filtering works when 'Filter in both directions' is enabled so that each pane is filtered by all other panes and the order filters are applied does not matter (feedback welcome).
5. NEW: Added RegexSearch(...) expression function that allows using regular expressions to parse any value.
6. Fixed: Possible Red October video converter crash when seeking Gizmo / WebPlay (hopefully, please provide a log if problems persist).

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)

1. Fixed: Red October video conversion could show a distorted picture in some cases.
2. Changed: Updated to a custom build of ffdshow that better supports the Red October video encoder ( code change publicly documented here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465&page=696 ).
3. Changed: Tuned quality of Red October video converter so that the output looks better on Android phones and tablets.
4. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format resampling mode 'Only sources less than 44,100 Hz'.
5. Changed: DSP Studio > Output Format disables the resampling mode selection when doing AC3 output.
6. Fixed: The messaging in the right-click menu for screen grab being unavailable with madVR wasn't clear.
7. Changed: Chapters are disabled when playing a video that has a playback range (previously chapters could interfere with the playback range).
8. Changed: Renamed 'Store in file tags' to 'Save in file tags' on the library field dialog to make the naming more consistent with the field filter selections.
9. NEW: Subtitle shift and size can be set per file, and settings will be saved between plays and runs.
10. Changed: Mouse panning with click-n-drag and mouse zooming with the mouse wheel works with Ctrl or Shift pressed (previously each required one of the two keys, and the keys were different).
11. Changed: Reworked how the 3D drawing redraw mechanism works to hopefully fix an issue where timers could get starved and not run due to the drawing (feedback welcome).
12. NEW: The 'Virtual Subwoofer' effect sounds better (includes Subclarity, steeper roll-off, and better clip-prevention).

16.0.153 (8/15/2011)

1. NEW: Red October video conversion allows fast seeking to any part of the video with WebPlay (on the desktop or Android).

16.0.152 (8/15/2011)

1. Fixed: The search shortcut for the 'Screewriter' field had a typo.
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Some view header buttons did not get translated when running in a language other than English.
4. Fixed: DLNA: removed all SSDP notify message responses. Was breaking some renderers.
5. Changed: Media Network, updated user agent header to be more standard.

16.0.151 (8/12/2011)

1. NEW: Added the ability to lookup movie information from TMDb (themoviedb.org).  The tool "Lookup Movie Info From Wikipedia" is now "Lookup Movie Info".
2. Changed: Integrated the JRiver audio converter into the Red October video encoder instead of using the audio converter as a discrete filter for better performance.
3. Changed: The Red October video converter supports videos that do not contain audio.
4. Changed: Red October video conversion handles frame rate conversion better.
5. Changed: Red October video conversion uses volume normalization when converting.
6. Fixed: DLNA, remove superfluous response to reception of a NOTIFY SSDP message. Was crashing some renderers.
7. Fixed: Audio stutter during television channel change in certain audio output modes.
8. Faster: The core web service engine (MCWS) used by Library Server, DLNA, etc. is more multi-threaded, improving server response times.
9. Changed: Red October video converter better supports mid-stream audio format changes.
10. NEW: Red October video conversion is used for DLNA when using the MPEG2/DVD video format.  Allows playback of Blu-ray, JTV, and most any other video on a PS3, WDTVLive, etc.
11. Faster: Red October video conversion uses LAV CUVID when possible for decoding for faster conversion.
12. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Dominique COMET).

16.0.150 (8/10/2011)

1. NEW: New video conversion engine that uses Red October for decoding and works with Blu-ray, TV, etc. (currently used by WebPlay for video playback, but more areas of the program will follow).
2. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Dominique COMET).

16.0.149 (8/9/2011)

1. Changed: The view header for a panes view will show the view name in the view header instead of 'Panes'.
2. Changed: When the tree is hidden, the view header menu includes the same 'Library Views' submenu as is in the View menu of the program (a separate breadcrumb is no longer displayed when the tree is hidden).
3. Fixed: RemoveCharacters(...) expression with mode 0 was not removing character occurrences from inside the string.
4. Changed: Added mode 3 to RemoveCharacters(...) to remove characters from the front and end of the value.
5. Changed: For accessing Netflix content, Media Center now uses 'netflix.ca' in the URL rather than 'netflix.com' when the computer's locale is set to Canada.
6. Fixed: When grouping numeric values like date, both empty and unassigned could appear in a list.
7. Changed: By default the Wikipedia language will track the currently selected language in the program (but can still be customized in Options > Services).
8. Fixed: Television playback was broken (video displayed in a separate window) when EVR was not used (build 148 only).
9. NEW: WebPlay uses Flash player to play mp4 and flv videos.
10. Fixed: The bitrate displayed in the player area during playback could be doubled the actual bitrate for HE-AAC files.
11. NEW: Add alternative way of specifying and receiving AlbumArtist and Performer in DLNA.
12. Fixed: Digital ATSC television channel scan could produce channels with wrong physical channel values with some tuner devices.

16.0.148 (8/5/2011)

1. NEW: Added expression function RemoveCharacters([value], [characters to remove], [mode]).
2. Changed: The core function that validates and fixes filenames removes double-slashes.
3. Changed: When editing the filename field by hand, the user-entered filename will be cleaned before attempting to apply the filename (previously the change would fail and the value would be reverted).
4. Changed: Transparency for glass-style skins is supported in the player bar display area (updated Noire Glass as an example).
5. NEW: Playback range is supported for video playback.
6. Fixed: When using the Vista / Windows 7 system volume method, the volume would not bind to the proper sound card line in some cases when starting playback until after audio was playing, making it so volume protection could update the volume for the wrong zone.
7. Changed: When using internal volume, the volume display will both the volume percentage and also the decibel value.
8. Fixed: When switch from HD to SD television channel (or vice versa) the video aspect ratio could stay incorrect for a few seconds.
9. Changed: The language of SRT is decoded from the filename when possible so that the user's subtitle settings can be applied for SRT subtitles the same as for internal subtitles.

rmiller66

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 16.0.156 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:59:04 am »

Oh, good.

Before I could kind of play movies through DLNA... now I just get unsupported for video files that worked before. Just did a simple download and upgrade.

Rich

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:06 pm »

2. Changed: LAV Audio decoder is used for WTV files when possible (may cause WTV playback to fail until the next build when LAV will be updated).

I installed, changed to RO (standard) and wtv files played fine (after 'adding required component').  Some fast scenes showed some video glitches, but this is a slow laptop over wireless, so I'm assuming it's me, not RO.

thanks!!
pretend this is something funny

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:53:11 pm »

16.0.156 (8/19/2011)
6. Fixed: Using MC16.exe /MCC 22001,2 would not always work reliably.
Thanks for addressing this.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »

3. Changed: Tuned quality of Red October video converter so that the output looks better on Android phones and tablets.

I'll say!!

WOW!!  I just played a 1/2 dozen different videos on my EVO, over WiFi G, all started playback within 6 seconds, sounded great, looked great, and seeks were 2 to 4 seconds consistently!!

I saw a couple of artifacts in fast moving videos, but who cares, I have instant streaming of HD content on my phone; OUTSTANDING WORK!!

I noticed the forced subs didn't play/show during Avatar, FYI, but no biggie.

This is very welcome improvement, thank you!!
pretend this is something funny

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 03:14:26 am »

I can't play any ripped dvd's on gizmo.

I see the error : 'video not found' in the jrplayer window

Other video files, that I tried, work fine on my samsung galaxy tab tablet :)

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 07:09:37 am »

I am noticing an issue with DVD playback...

When a DVD is playing and I use the arrow keys to cycle thru the JRiver menu options, ie change aspect ratio, zoom position, DVD menu, subtitles, ect, that I do not have the option to change the audio language (audio track).

I have been using MC version 16.087 where this worked and recently changed to 16.149 and noticed this was not working in that version as well.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:37 am »

I see this as well.  The word Language is in the menu, men no languages can be selected, even if the DVD has multiple languages.

TLS

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:48:43 am »

Pausing movies still not working after initially watching for longer than the standard 30 minute standby timeout :(
The Future is Remote!

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 08:37:56 pm »

All tree views were reset to default (not cool!) with this, and now I have this:

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble

No way to make it use one or the other, it shows as two artists (3 or 4 albums in each artist, different albums).when it should be the listed withe & in my library.

Also, is there a way to turn off stacking?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 08:46:51 pm »

All tree views were reset to default (not cool!) with this, and now I have this:

No way to make it use one or the other, it shows as two artists (3 or 4 albums in each artist, different albums).when it should be the listed withe & in my library.

Nothing changed that would cause this.

Make sure you have the library loaded you expect.

Restore from a backup if needed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:52 pm »

This exact thing happened to me after the update. I had hundreds of songs all messed up. I had albums moved to soundtrack. I had albums moved to various artists. I had many albums split up into two separate albums, like Mike and the Mechanics, Mike & the Mechanics, Bob and Doug Makenzie, Bob & Doug Makenzie, etc etc.

I have been using the same library since MC13, and all my files were tagged correctly. The only change I made was the update. Previous updates did not mess with my tags, and I would appreciate you looking into this problem so that it doesn't happen anymore. I spent 1/2 getting everything retagged.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 06:32:59 am »

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)

5. Changed: DSP Studio > Output Format disables the resampling mode selection when doing AC3 output.

-----

How about .dts files?  Will those also be automatically sent thru bitperfect as well?  This would be a great change if true.

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:40 am »

A visualization I had created fom scratch in Visualization Studio is now totally messed up since I installed this update. :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:11:04 am »

Bug (Triviel): Path outdated when renaming a new folder

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enter Library manager
2. Create new library
3. Select desired folder, and click to create new sub folder (automatically highlights new folder name)
4. Enter new name, enter to store. (Take note that target folder at the top of current dialog has not been updated)
5. Clicking enter will store target folder as "New folder" and not the submittet folder name (deselect and reselect of new folder is necessary)

JRiver: This has no importance to me, so please take note of the bug if you do not fix this in next release but want to keep it as technical dept... It will not be reported again from me.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:59 am »

Inside MC if I go into the Explorer section of the tree and open a folder of media files, then select all files and use "Fill Properties From Filename"

as I click on Fill Properties From Filename, MC de-selects (or loses the selection of) all the files except one, causing the changes to be made to that single file rather than the entire contents of the folder as originally selected.

To correct I must once again select all and the again try Right-Click -> Fill Properties From Filename, which tends to be sucessful on the second attempt, but almost never on the original attempt.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up