INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.160 -- Available Here  (Read 5961 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.160 -- Available Here
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160160.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.160 (8/25/2011)

1. Changed: Removed rotation from cover art in Theater View's Playing Now.
2. Changed: Tuned positioning and timing of instructions shown for Theater View and Display View.
3. Fixed: Subtitles would not work properly after a seek (only applies to build 159).
4. Changed: Video playback has a forced position update two seconds after playback starts to (hopefully) solve black screen issues that can arise with certain file plus renderer combinations.
5. Changed: Resuming video playback in full screen after the screensaver was shown while pauses wouldn't always close the running screensaver.
6. Fixed: Using an expression in a search (or pane) that included certain special characters could cause the search engine to fail to parse the search.
7. Fixed: A rare crash when loading a view that used an expression that used special characters.

16.0.159 (8/24/2011)

1. Fixed: Empty numeric searches were not working (only applies to 158).
2. Fixed: Regular expressions were not working (only applies to 158).
3. Fixed: Some math functions would not work properly in expressions (only applies to 158).
4. Changed: The mute state of a zone will not be cleared on startup if "Options > Startup > Optimize volume for best sound quality" is not checked.
5. Fixed: Naming two Theater View library items the same could cause problems.

16.0.158 (8/23/2011)

1. Fixed: The expression language could fail to parse some expressions properly due to changes in 16.0.157.
2. NEW: Added an optional flags parameter to the Regex(...) expression function.  Use the flag "1" to perform case sensitive matching.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
4. Faster: Optimizations to core database search engine.  Long searches can be 10 or more times faster to execute.
5. Fixed: Panes weren't working properly with dates before 1900.
6. Changed: Audio stream selection for videos will preserve the default selection made by a splitter if the language of the selection matches the user's language selection in Media Center's options.
7. Changed: Minor tweak to how playback checks for file system permissions and ownership when starting playback.
8. NEW: DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer has two user channels that can be used to hold temporary data.  For example, you could combine Left and Right into User 1, equalize User 1, and then add the result to the Subwoofer.
9. NEW: Subtitles are fully supported when converting for Gizmo (sizing, position, and subtitle selection honor playback settings).

16.0.157 (8/22/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback could start with a black screen.
2. Fixed: Expressions using /# #/ to mark unescaped text could still have certain characters get escaped.
3. Changed: Renamed expression function RegexSearch(...) to Regex(...).
4. Changed: Regex(...) captures for the last run Regex(...) are accessible with variables [R1], [R2], up to [R9].
5. Changed: Regex(...) can be used to perform a test by setting the last parameter to 0 (the default) and it will return 0 or 1.
6. Changed: Regex(...) uses case insensitive regular expression matching.
7. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Dominique COMET).
8. Changed: Reduced how likely Play Doctor is to use the same file again when it's been used recently.
9. Fixed: The space bar and backspace key are routed to the search when using the search in Netflix, YouTube, or Hulu in Theater View.
10. Fixed: Pressing the space bar could cause two spaces to be output in Theater View > Gadgets > Search.
11. Fixed: Returning from Playing Now to a zoomed in file info panel in Theater View could show a remnant of a list.
12. Changed: Updated to LAV 0.33 filters with Red October (fixes a possible crash with PCM audio).
13. Changed: When pausing or unpausing playback, the system sleep and display timers are reset.
14. Changed: The screensaver is allowed while fullscreen playback is paused.
15. Faster: Improved performance of search engine when dealing with very long searches.

16.0.156 (8/19/2011)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters 0.32.
2. NEW: The expression language supports putting strings (like regular expressions, etc.) in comment blocks like /#Text/# to remove the need to do escapement.
3. Fixed: On a multi-monitor system Options > Video > Display Settings could save a different setting than selected.
4. Fixed: Right-click 'Reset Selection' on an individual pane would not update the other panes properly.
5. Fixed: Trying to play a DRM protected WMV video with no rights could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: Using MC16.exe /MCC 22001,2 would not always work reliably.
7. Fixed: Scrolling down in a Theater View grid-style list would not always loop to the last row when pushing down.
8. Changed: Browsing back into a smartlist on Gizmo or a DLNA device will reevaluate the search (may depend on device caching).
9. Fixed: When drilling into a category thumbnail list, the scroll position of the new list could be strange.
10. Faster: Improved the layout performance of the core list / tree UI component used everywhere in the program.

16.0.155 (8/18/2011)

1. Changed: When a file type that's normally a video has its media type set to audio (normally because it doesn't contain a video stream), it will be played with the audio engine instead of playing as a video with no display.
2. Changed: LAV Audio decoder is used for WTV files when possible (may cause WTV playback to fail until the next build when LAV will be updated).
3. Fixed: Issuing an image playback command from the web service while audio was playing and images were already showing could cause the view mode to toggle.
4. NEW: Reworked how pane filtering works when 'Filter in both directions' is enabled so that each pane is filtered by all other panes and the order filters are applied does not matter (feedback welcome).
5. NEW: Added RegexSearch(...) expression function that allows using regular expressions to parse any value.
6. Fixed: Possible Red October video converter crash when seeking Gizmo / WebPlay (hopefully, please provide a log if problems persist).

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)

1. Fixed: Red October video conversion could show a distorted picture in some cases.
2. Changed: Updated to a custom build of ffdshow that better supports the Red October video encoder ( code change publicly documented here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465&page=696 ).
3. Changed: Tuned quality of Red October video converter so that the output looks better on Android phones and tablets.
4. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format resampling mode 'Only sources less than 44,100 Hz'.
5. Changed: DSP Studio > Output Format disables the resampling mode selection when doing AC3 output.
6. Fixed: The messaging in the right-click menu for screen grab being unavailable with madVR wasn't clear.
7. Changed: Chapters are disabled when playing a video that has a playback range (previously chapters could interfere with the playback range).
8. Changed: Renamed 'Store in file tags' to 'Save in file tags' on the library field dialog to make the naming more consistent with the field filter selections.
9. NEW: Subtitle shift and size can be set per file, and settings will be saved between plays and runs.
10. Changed: Mouse panning with click-n-drag and mouse zooming with the mouse wheel works with Ctrl or Shift pressed (previously each required one of the two keys, and the keys were different).
11. Changed: Reworked how the 3D drawing redraw mechanism works to hopefully fix an issue where timers could get starved and not run due to the drawing (feedback welcome).
12. NEW: The 'Virtual Subwoofer' effect sounds better (includes Subclarity, steeper roll-off, and better clip-prevention).

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
Re: Media Center 16.0.160 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:25 pm »

<1. Changed: Removed rotation from cover art in Theater View's Playing Now.>

Why?
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:14:27 pm »

<1. Changed: Removed rotation from cover art in Theater View's Playing Now.>

Why?

Yea.. I kinda liked it too, wish it would of been a choice to rotate or not...

I thought it was kinda unique..
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »

i really love this change very much. indeed an option could be nice, like the coverart style in standard view. . i think the art is in the cover, and not in some weird angle that distorts it. when i want to see it from the side i can rotate my screen. the otherway around does not work (i tried  :) ). there are some (small) threads about it.

:)
gab

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

3. Fixed: Subtitles would not work properly after a seek (only applies to build 159).

Thanks for the quick follow-up on this :)

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:23 pm »

when i want to see it from the side i can rotate my screen. the otherway around does not work (i tried  :) ).  :)
gab

I'd prefer the "Hands Free" approach to rotaing the image.  Rotaing the screen gets cumbersome and somehow, just doesn't have the same effect...

My $.02

Chico
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »

Hmmm...looks like regex is hosed or the syntax changed in a way I can't figure out. Halp?

Thanks!
Micah

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »

Micah,

The syntax changed.  Try:

Regex(Field, RE, Mode, Case_sensitive)

Field - is the string/field to search
RE -  is RE pattern, surround by /# #/ to quote
Mode - (optional)  is -1 to suppress output, 0 to do boolean test, 1-9 to return that capture directly
Case_sensitive- (optional) to enable case-sensitivity (0 default, 1 on)

[R1] .. [R9] are the captures, which are available after running Regex().

Example:

Regex([Artist], /#^(AB)#/, -1)R1 is [R1]
Regex([Artist], /#^(AB)#/, 1) outputs AB if matched
if(Regex([Artist], /#^(AB)#/, 0), [R1], NoMatch)  outputs AB if matched, NoMatch otherwise.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 05:48:56 pm »

Still noticing an issue with DVD playback...

When a DVD is playing and I use the arrow keys to cycle thru the JRiver menu options, ie change aspect ratio, zoom position, DVD menu, subtitles, ect, that I do not have the option to change the audio language (audio track).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:00:07 pm »

Still noticing an issue with DVD playback...

When a DVD is playing and I use the arrow keys to cycle thru the JRiver menu options, ie change aspect ratio, zoom position, DVD menu, subtitles, ect, that I do not have the option to change the audio language (audio track).

Confirmed.  This will be fixed next build.

In the meantime, you can right-click and access the 'Language' submenu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:39 am »

Watched Hanna in mkv format last night (Rev 159 ROHQ) and the movie stopped after about an hour with a still frame from the start of the film ?  I restarted the movie using WMC well before the event took place and it played just fine.
The Future is Remote!

msalaun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

Bonjour,

After CD ripping, actually I don't know how to download from google images a new cover art
Before on last MC16, after (album/links/google/image) and click on the good web image a window appear and the system call you if you want to use this image as cd cover art. Actually nothing run.

I hope you can understand my little english

Merci

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 12:47:00 pm »

Hi

thanks for the subtitles!
still unable to open kung fu panda
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/redirects/MC/v16/redirect.pl?type=Wiki&prodname=Media%20Center&version=16.0.159&command=Playback_Problems
failed to open or parse file hr 0x80004005
ok on 16.0.128, any idea?

btw, the french translation in video in theatre view is strange:"surveiller" (watch?) should be "regarder" or "lire" or lecture"

hawaii2k

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »

On installing the latest (160) version, MC is unable to see my mapped network drives. I can map the library using a UNC path but all the file locations are referred to by the mapped drive and therefore unavailable. It's been a few releases since I updated (but it was MC16) but now I can't play a single file.  :( Help! (And apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned and/or resolved elsewhere on this forum).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

I don't think anything changed in MC that could affect whether it sees a mapped drive.   Reboot.  Double check that the drive is the same letter as MC thinks it is.  Hover over a file that won't play and look at its location.  Check that it exists.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 03:56:55 pm »

to msalaun
try to click on "similar images" then it works
don't know why ;-)

hawaii2k

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:36 pm »

I don't think anything changed in MC that could affect whether it sees a mapped drive.   Reboot.  Double check that the drive is the same letter as MC thinks it is.  Hover over a file that won't play and look at its location.  Check that it exists.

Rebooting restored MC's ability to see the mapped drives. Weird.

Mahalo!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 06:30:18 pm »

Aloha.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »

In my Cover Art folder, MC continues to make image files named "Image - Front", "Image - Rear", "Image - Cover", etc (actually a copy of each image file in some album's folder) rather than simply a single "Artist - Album" named file for each album.

I continue to delete them when I find them, but they reappear, and not always for the same album.
. . . the game is rigged

msalaun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 01:48:45 am »

to msalaun
try to click on "similar images" then it works
don't know why ;-)

Explain: I don't see where to click on "similar images"

Merci

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

Micah,

The syntax changed.  Try:

Regex(Field, RE, Mode, Case_sensitive)

Boom, great! Thanks, MrC. I see now that the expression builder has tooltip help for expressions -- when did this start?

Micah

MrC

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »

Boom, great! Thanks, MrC. I see now that the expression builder has tooltip help for expressions -- when did this start?

Oh, my, ages ago.  Maybe MC 12?

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 02:41:37 pm »

Oh, my, ages ago.  Maybe MC 12?

Whoops! Guess I should use my mouse more, eh?  ;D

Micah

MrC

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »

Mice are for wimps.  :-)

See also:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language#Regex.28....29:_Regular_expression_pattern_matching_and_capture

Yeah, I saw in another thread that you have added a nice big Regex section to the wiki. Excellent! I feel the pain of some of the others in that thread who said they were having issues grasping Regex because it was only a year ago I was confronting it for the first time. Nonetheless, I think it is one of the most exciting developments to happen to MC in a looooong time and I look forward to using my library as the perfect playground for improving my Regex skills. :)

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up