INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No DTS-MA bitstreaming  (Read 3905 times)

bruce73

No DTS-MA bitstreaming
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »

Just installed MC 16 today for a test run.  So far, so good, except I can't get DTS-MA bitstreaming.  I copied the dtsdecoderdll.dll from my TMT5 install to the \...\ Plugins\LAV folder, but I still get a playback error box.  If I uncheck DTS-MA as a bitstream choice in Options -> Video, then the DTS core is bitstreamed OK.

I tried to use regsvr32 to register the DLL, but it wouldn't let me.  What am I missing?

BTW, I'm running Win 7/64 with HDMI out from an nVidia GT-430 to a Denon 2310CI.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No DTS-MA bitstreaming
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:37:01 pm »

I'm a little confused. If you want to bitstream DTS-HD MA, you don't need the Arcsoft dll file. That's only for decoding DTS-HD MA. If you want to decode the audio, I've found that you should uncheck both DTS-HD and plain DTS (so that the core isn't bitstreamed either).
Also, what hardware are you running. Some video cards do not bitstream HD codecs e.g. ATi 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx series, as well as the nVidia 9xxx, 2xx and 3xx series plus selected 4xx and 5xx cards. If you're running one of them, you're only option is to decode, in which case see my first paragraph.

bruce73

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:43:34 pm »

OK, my bad.  It thought Arcsoft's DLL was needed for bitstreaming for some reason.  I have an NV GT-430, which bitstreams all audio formats fine with LAV filters/madVR in PotPlayer and MPC-HC, and with Arcsoft's in TMT5.  So are you saying that my card can't bitstream DTS-MA in this particular program?  That's not good.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:48:35 pm »

You might try WASAPI - Event Style in Options > Audio.

This guide has more information about configuring audio:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bruce73

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:28 pm »

Thanks. I've been trying to get to the Wiki all afternoon, but wasn't able to connect.

EDIT: Thank you, thank you, Matt. That worked!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:03:06 am »

OK, my bad.  It thought Arcsoft's DLL was needed for bitstreaming for some reason.  I have an NV GT-430, which bitstreams all audio formats fine with LAV filters/madVR in PotPlayer and MPC-HC, and with Arcsoft's in TMT5.  So are you saying that my card can't bitstream DTS-MA in this particular program?  That's not good.

No, the GT430 is fine as you've seen in other programs... and now in MC with wasapi. nVidia, for whatever reason don't do bitstreaming with some of their higher end gaming cards. Glad things are solved for you now. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up