INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and TEAC WAP AX250??  (Read 2545 times)

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver and TEAC WAP AX250??
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:48 am »

Hello,

I am a new user of the MC, and impressed by the UI and all possibilities it’s offering!
In one word FANTASTIC.
The down side is, I cant get a stable operation with “pushing”  tracks to my render. I only use audio; the render I have plays audio only.

First the configuration:J River MC is running on a Windows 7 PC, network detection on.  I use a Wlan with a netgear wndr3700 router.
The render is quite exotic I suppose : teac wap AX 250 (look at www.teac.eu)

I am not an expert in configuring a media-network, so most of the options you can select doesn't mean a thing to me. With trail and error I found out:
When I set the network detection on (windows 7) the render appears in playing NOW
After enabling the DNLA services en selecting “, general DNLA > checking extra DLNA” the render finds the MC media server and is able to play all tracks.

So far so good, but trying to push tracks to the render the problems begin.
It seems to have difficulties with going to the succeeding track. It "hangs" or crashes on the end of the or the begin of the next track. Sometimes it plays 7 to 8 tracks without a problem en then the MC crashes. (never more than 8 tracks!)
Again with trail and error I found out:
•   -use flat URLs – seems to help,
•   It's performing better when setting to “never encode”,
•   When it “hangs” on the beginning of a track  pushing “play” on (in the UI of) the render can help.
•   If the render is set to repeat the same track is played over and over again. (whitout crashes!)
•   Giving the render no permission to control MC seems to help.
•   Changes in the way of  "the crossover" as time between tracks or prebuffering and so on doesn’t seem to help.
•   Just to be sure all energy saying (render/router/PC) are off.

Again when I use MC as an server and “pull” music wiht the render it plays (more then 200 tracks in a row) without a problem.

hMy questions:
•   how to get MC to “push” to my render?
•   Where can I find more explanation concerning all selectable options?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and TEAC WAP AX250??
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

Hello,

I am a new user of the MC, and impressed by the UI and all possibilities it’s offering!
In one word FANTASTIC.
The down side is, I cant get a stable operation with “pushing”  tracks to my render. I only use audio; the render I have plays audio only.

First the configuration:J River MC is running on a Windows 7 PC, network detection on.  I use a Wlan with a netgear wndr3700 router.
The render is quite exotic I suppose : teac wap AX 250 (look at www.teac.eu)

I am not an expert in configuring a media-network, so most of the options you can select doesn't mean a thing to me. With trail and error I found out:
When I set the network detection on (windows 7) the render appears in playing NOW
MC doesn't depend on windows settings for DLNA with the exception of the firewall.
After enabling the DNLA services en selecting “, general DNLA > checking extra DLNA” the render finds the MC media server and is able to play all tracks.

So far so good, but trying to push tracks to the render the problems begin.
It seems to have difficulties with going to the succeeding track. It "hangs" or crashes on the end of the or the begin of the next track. Sometimes it plays 7 to 8 tracks without a problem en then the MC crashes. (never more than 8 tracks!)
Again with trail and error I found out:
•   -use flat URLs – seems to help,
•   It's performing better when setting to “never encode”,
•   When it “hangs” on the beginning of a track  pushing “play” on (in the UI of) the render can help.
•   If the render is set to repeat the same track is played over and over again. (whitout crashes!)
•   Giving the render no permission to control MC seems to help.
•   Changes in the way of  "the crossover" as time between tracks or prebuffering and so on doesn’t seem to help.
•   Just to be sure all energy saying (render/router/PC) are off.

Again when I use MC as an server and “pull” music with the renderer it plays (more then 200 tracks in a row) without a problem.

My questions:
•   how to get MC to “push” to my render?
•   Where can I find more explanation concerning all selectable options?

You shouldn't have to mess with the advanced settings other than DLNAExtra, they are for older devices and video tweaks.
There can't be two controllers running at the same time for the renderer so it makes sense to not let the renderer control MC.
You should have repeat turned off for the renderer zone in MC.

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 02:26:16 pm »

Thanx for the reply, but I give up.

I can't get it to work properly so i'm stuck to the crappy UI of Twonky.
Or use windows MP12 after making a non flac copy of the audo lib. (Both work OK)

The longest “up time” I achieved while pushing audio to my render was about 1 hour ( new clean install of windows no virus checker).

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:45:42 pm »

Or use windows MP12 after making a non flac copy of the audo lib.

There are a couple of tricks to let WMP play FLAC
See http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/FileFormat.htm for the details.

In MC Help > Loggin you can ativate a log file.
Might give more insight in the problem

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:57 am »

Hey Kars,

I tried to make sense of the log’s, but I can’t.
It quite frustrating that my phone (with All share) does it (play from a media server to the render) out of the box and I can’t find a application with a good UI for a (windows) pc. (that works with my render)

Installing flac-codec’s for WMP does not getting it to send Flac to the render (but thanks)!

Vincent Kars

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:10 am »

I tried to make sense of the log’s, but I can’t.
Maybe the developers at MC can :)

As you are running Win7, you probably have 2 DLNA services running.
What happens if you disable the Win7 Media Sharing?
http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Windows/Win7/W7_DLNA.htm

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:49 am »

Vincent (you got a nice site)

I had the same thought, i put de windows built in media server of earlier without improvement.
Switching off the SSDP Discovery and the UPnPhost made no difference.

I’am quite sure it is not related to any stability issues with the PC or network it self. (I switched WIFI to a wired lan).

The problems seem te be the same as described in this threat:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57750.0

I am closing this, and start a new topic in the DLNA section.

Thanx for your directions

Pages: [1]   Go Up