INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: client and playing iso from server  (Read 2228 times)

Hirez24

• Recent member
client and playing iso from server
« on: October 21, 2011, 06:28:22 pm »

I have MC installed on a whs server where I store all my music and video. I have the client machine pointed at the server library. When I try to play an iso whether it is bluray or dvd it opens up a browser and tries to download instead of mounting the disc and playing it. it doesn't happen if open the file through the client file browser,only when I am connected to the library. Has anyone experienced this?

Tavaman

Re: client and playing iso from server
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »

Bump.

I have a similar issue. I have two PCs steaming .iso files from a media server. I got tired of having to manage two libraries so I setup MC19 on my media server, imported my library and enabled Media Network. After clearing the main library on one of my client PCs, and then connecting to the media server library, I have encounter the same problem as the OP. I have a few .MKV files and they play correctly, but when I try to view an ISO file it attempts to download the ISO file through a browser before playing it.

Is there a way to get the client PC to simply mount the ISO the same way it did when it had its own standalone library?

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »

I use MC client in combination with Daemon tools lite.
Pretty easy, I select the iso in client, client pulls iso from MC media server, daemon tools mount the iso at client side, MC client plays/renders it.

mr_durden

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 05:25:03 am »

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue like Tavaman. When I try to play ISO file (which is locally available, mounted through windows SMB share) from the server library, a browser window tries to download the file. If I play from local library it works flawless and gets mounted with VCD. Any other video format works without any problem playing from library server using the local version of the file.

Does anyone have a tip how to resolve the issue? Because downloading some 30GB ISO files takes some time and isn't really needed.

BR Steve

P.S. Client is on Windows 8.1, Server on Server 2008 R2 both on 19.0.128.

mr_durden

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:25:39 am »

Hi once again,

I figured it out myself. I should have read the WIKI http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ISO_Files in detail.  8) The trick is to associate ISO files with "external program (custom)" on the client side. Everything works flawless now.

a thanx to the Wiki ;D

BR, Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up