INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better a2dp support for bluetooth? [Working now]  (Read 2504 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Better a2dp support for bluetooth? [Working now]
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:47:15 pm »

This is less of a feature and more of a bug.  I've posted this before but didn't get any answers on if it will be fixed.  

It seems that a2dp support is extremely buggy with gizmo.  This is based on my previous post found at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65399.msg438359#msg438359 which got no replies.  

Every other media player I have ever used on android weather it's the stock app, winamp, ubbermusic, or half a dozen others they have no problems with a2dp controls with bluetooth.  It's only your program.  

Any chance this will be fixed in version 17 of gizmo?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will it have better a2dp support for bluetooth?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:41 pm »

This is less of a feature and more of a bug.  I've posted this before but didn't get any answers on if it will be fixed. 

It seems that a2dp support is extremely buggy with gizmo.  This is based on my previous post found at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65399.msg438359#msg438359 which got no replies. 

Every other media player I have ever used on android weather it's the stock app, winamp, ubbermusic, or half a dozen others they have no problems with a2dp controls with bluetooth.  It's only your program. 

Any chance this will be fixed in version 17 of gizmo?

I second this request.

Thanks,
Osho

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:14 pm »

Is this the proper place to post a bug?  Do admin's read over these forms.  I would like a yay or nay whether this functionality can be fixed for media center 17.  It's the only thing stopping me from upgrading J rivers from version 16. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »

Thanks for the bump.

I have a bluetooth headset sitting on my desk so I can test and hopefully fix this soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:42:25 am »

You can test an updated Gizmo that supports Bluetooth controls here:
http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

This update will be available on the market in a week or so.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:36:04 am »

The new build works for me but only if Gizmo is the active app. If something else is open or the screen locked, the bluetooth controls don't work.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:55 am »

The new build works for me but only if Gizmo is the active app. If something else is open or the screen locked, the bluetooth controls don't work.

I think this is partly Android OS issue. I still haven't figured out how to tell Android (Gingerbread in my case) which app the bluetooth controls should be going to irrespective of which app is open in the foreground and whether the screen is locked or not.

Osho

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 05:39:04 am »

I just did the newest update to Gizmo and things are sure looking good for the support for a2dp.  I have only installed it for a few hours but it seems to work under the condition if android is locked and if other apps are open.  I will continue to test throughout the week to confirm that everything is working but this is sure a step in the right direction. 

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:31:20 am »

A2DP is working like a gem on this most recent Gizmo update.  Purchase has been made for Media Center 17.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59:39 am »

Glad to hear it's working.

Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up