INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback of external audio/video sources. Replace Pre/Pro with MC HTPC.  (Read 2131 times)

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen

I want to bring S/PDIF AC-3 audio over TOSLINK from a PS3 into my HTPC and play it through the audio processing I have configured in MC.

It appears that the Hauppauge Colossus card may work for this. It should also allow me play and/or record non-HDCP video. Any confirmation that this works?

Will the feature in MC to lip-sync (delay audio or video as required) be functional?

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Playback of external audio/video sources. Replace Pre/Pro with MC HTPC.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:52 pm »

BUMP-- Any other suggestions for playback of satellite box or game console with MC?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:47:09 pm »

This isn't currently possible, but it's an area we're interested in.

I also want a way to route sound from other programs through the JRiver audio engine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:58:24 pm »

Matt, why wouldn't it work with a capture card?

I think it would.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:43 pm »

JRiver states they support the Hauppauge Colossus card in v17 but have not tested it. I'm just asking if playback like this is part of "support"?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:20:00 am »

Yes you can do it.

I would only mention two caveats:

1.  Support of Hauppauge Colossus is still work in progress.  Right now audio does not work.  I expect to make it work soon.
2.  MC's support of video capture devices and tuner devices are done with video in mind.  Audio only situation has not been given any attention.  That means it may fail if you do not have video.  Try it out.  If there are problems we will fix them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:11 pm »

Yes you can do it.

I would only mention two caveats:

1.  Support of Hauppauge Colossus is still work in progress.  Right now audio does not work.  I expect to make it work soon.
2.  MC's support of video capture devices and tuner devices are done with video in mind.  Audio only situation has not been given any attention.  That means it may fail if you do not have video.  Try it out.  If there are problems we will fix them.

Thanks for supporting this. I'll look into getting a Colossus card. Are there any other hardware options?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:43:11 am »

Colossus's sister device, Hauppauge HD PVR works fine in MC.  However I do not know if it handles AC3 audio as input.  It encodes audio to AC3.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 09:15:26 pm »

Colossus ordered. I plan to try it out next week for PS3 playback through my HTPC.

pyro2003

Colossus's sister device, Hauppauge HD PVR works fine in MC.  However I do not know if it handles AC3 audio as input.  It encodes audio to AC3.

May I ask if HD PVR will work if video is not coming in ? In other words can I use it just for audio processing (room correction) ?

Yaobing

• Administrator

May I ask if HD PVR will work if video is not coming in ? In other words can I use it just for audio processing (room correction) ?

You can try it.  We have assumed everything is video and therefore would require video stream when running in time-shifting mode.  It may work if you turn off time-shifting mode, or right-click and select "Cancel time-shifting" as soon as playback starts.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

What is the source of the audio?
The reason I ask is I wonder if you could feed a dummy video stream so MC has something there. For example if you can output a screensaver or slideshow
to the video input of the HD-PVR and whatever your audio source to the audio input of the HD-PVR.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up