INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Beginners Rejoice! Remote Theater View configuration service.  (Read 1888 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Guys and Girls!

At the suggestion of preproman in this thread

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67357.0

I have decided there is an opportunity to provide a Theater View configuration service.

I will provide the service remotely via TeamViewer and am charging at $45/hr, min 1/2 hr. Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of whether you think this is a fair price or not. This is the price I am charging.

I'll work it on the basis that you can email me your desired config and I'll assess whether I can perform the service to a standard that you would accept using and I would accept putting my name to. If I can, we move forward from that. If not, nothing lost nothing gained.

Services rendered will be fully invoiced (as I'll do it as part of my business) and payment will be accepted via Paypal (or bank transfer for those in Oz).

If you would like to employ my services, you can email me your desired config to justin at socialinteractions dot com dot au.

Now the disclaimer:
While Jim has said he is happy to endorse my work (see linked thread above), the service itself has not (as yet) been endorsed and comes with no backing or guarantee, implied or otherwise, from JRiver. The pricing is what I am prepared to do the work for and has not been discussed with JRiver. If you employ my services and are happy, please spread the word. If not, please give me the opportunity to rectify any problems prior to giving negative feedback - I'm happy to work with you.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC Beginners Rejoice! Remote Theater View configuration service.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:39:28 am »

Just a thought:
Build out some 'standard' configs that you can sell.  Many ppl who are getting started with Theater View won't even know what is possible, so they don't know what they really 'want'.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: MC Beginners Rejoice! Remote Theater View configuration service.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:13:56 am »

Tbh I'm a lot more comfortable selling the service-as-a-product model rather than an end product as a product for a couple of reasons -

The default setup is actually pretty good IMO
I'm not sure JR would appreciate me making cash off their Intellectual property (as opposed to making cash for my time). Even though the end product may be the same.

While I agree that a beginner may not know what they want, there is enough here to gain inspiration from.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, however :-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up