INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic Crossfade a la SQRsoft  (Read 2691 times)

CiXel

• Recent member
Dynamic Crossfade a la SQRsoft
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:28:06 pm »

Hi Gang-
I'm loving all the features here, but one thing I have been sorely missing is the ability to smoothly and dynamically adjust the crossfade a la the old SQRsoft winamp plugin. Has anyone found a way to emulate this type of behavior?

With 17 done is there any thought to Adding this into 18 and really setting it apart?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Dynamic Crossfade a la SQRsoft
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:16 am »

the ability to smoothly and dynamically adjust the crossfade a la the old SQRsoft winamp plugin. Has anyone found a way to emulate this type of behavior?
What is a dynamically adjusted crossfade?

With 17 done...
v17 is hardly done. Somebody recently measured and the average development cycle for a version of MC is 10 months, with v17 being around a month in currently.

CiXel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:21:33 am »

What 'dynamic' means is that the plugin would let you set min and max length for a crossfade vs a static value. For example as opposed to just setting a value of 4 seconds you could specify a max of 8000ms and a min of 50ms, then depending when the track fell below a threshold during the end it would decide if it should start the next song right away and let the last fade out underneath, or if should wait until the very last moment, providing a sort of gapless playback.

It was very musical for disparate tracks and proved to never be jarring as we've all experienced with 'traditional' crossfade.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:27:44 am »

Neat. I could see myself using that if it came about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up