INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and gapless  (Read 2605 times)

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
DLNA and gapless
« on: November 12, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »

Does anyone have any tips for getting true gapless playback through DLNA? I've tweaked and tweaked and got it down to about half second, but it still annoys when I'm playing classic, soundtracks, dj mixes and the like. I'm streaming to a Marantz MCR603, which does Airplay very nicely, completely gapless, but I'd rather use MC17 and DLNA.

bob

• Administrator
Re: DLNA and gapless
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:57 pm »

Does anyone have any tips for getting true gapless playback through DLNA? I've tweaked and tweaked and got it down to about half second, but it still annoys when I'm playing classic, soundtracks, dj mixes and the like. I'm streaming to a Marantz MCR603, which does Airplay very nicely, completely gapless, but I'd rather use MC17 and DLNA.
DLNA is lacking when it comes to playing gaplessly. The problem is in the way it transitions tracks.
There are multiple proposals for dealing with the issue but if ever implemented would require firmware updates on the renderer.

prod

• Play nice
Re: DLNA and gapless
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »

Thanks for the reply Bob.

Denon/Marantz seem to be pretty enthusiastic with firmware updates, but I won't hold my breath.
Pages: [1]   Go Up