INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV Info  (Read 2901 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie & TV Info
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:50:00 pm »

Can you please tell me if there is a specific way to name TV shows?

I have some like House S06E12 when searching it shows up as House MD S1E1

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Get Movie & TV Info
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:00 am »

You want the [Series] tag to match the Series name in thetvdb.com.  For this, "House" should work (though they have it tagged both ways, so both should work).

If your recordings don't come in that way, you can use a Tag On Import rule to fix the [Series] tag for you automatically.  For example, if I record Hawaii Five-0 (the currently running series, not the old one), it comes in tagged as [Series] = "Hawaii Five 0".  But this search finds the old series, not the current one.  So I have a Tag On Import rule that changes them automatically to "Hawaii Five-0 (2010)".  Then, they all come in the same, and the Get Movie & TV Info tool works correctly on them.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:04 am »

to add to this, I suggest you have only the name in the name field, not any series/episode info.

i.e.  House or House MD (or Hawaii Five-0), but not the S06E12 or S1E1 part.  Carnac should autotag your shows with this information in the proper fields (Season & Episode) for you.
pretend this is something funny

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:08 am »

to add to this, I suggest you have only the name in the name field, not any series/episode info.

i.e.  House or House MD (or Hawaii Five-0), but not the S06E12 or S1E1 part.  Carnac should autotag your shows with this information in the proper fields (Season & Episode) for you.

Well, the [Name] field can be completely blank.  It is totally ignored for any file with [Media Sub Type]=TV Show.  Only [Series], [Season], and [Episode] are used.  [Name] gets overwritten with whatever the lookup finds for the Episode Title.

[Name] is only relevant for other Media Sub Types (usually Movies).

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:05:30 am »

Well, the [Name] field can be completely blank.  It is totally ignored for any file with [Media Sub Type]=TV Show.  Only [Series], [Season], and [Episode] are used.  [Name] gets overwritten with whatever the lookup finds for the Episode Title.

[Name] is only relevant for other Media Sub Types (usually Movies).

Of course you're right, I actually meant series, but I'm still behind on my coffee intake for the day.  I also meant to write "not any season/episode info", not "series/episode info"

thanks for clarifying, it really is an important distinction.
pretend this is something funny

maid

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:53 pm »

You want the [Series] tag to match the Series name in thetvdb.com.  For this, "House" should work (though they have it tagged both ways, so both should work).

If your recordings don't come in that way, you can use a Tag On Import rule to fix the [Series] tag for you automatically.  For example, if I record Hawaii Five-0 (the currently running series, not the old one), it comes in tagged as [Series] = "Hawaii Five 0".  But this search finds the old series, not the current one.  So I have a Tag On Import rule that changes them automatically to "Hawaii Five-0 (2010)".  Then, they all come in the same, and the Get Movie & TV Info tool works correctly on them.
Where is the tag on import done??
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:05 pm »

Where is the tag on import done??

Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import

and then select the relevant media folder and Edit.  Add auto-tag rules at the bottom, for the selected media types.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

maid

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »

Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import

and then select the relevant media folder and Edit.  Add auto-tag rules at the bottom, for the selected media types.
sorry to be a newb but can you please explain how to insert the rule for Hawaii Five-0

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:06 am »

I moved my explanation over here to make it easier for others to find.

Pages: [1]   Go Up