INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library repeating same album?  (Read 5598 times)

nbegin

Library repeating same album?
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:48:58 am »

Hi, I have been a MC16 user and have now updated to MC17.  I have one album that is repeated numerous times, Herbie Hancock's River: The Joni Letters, a lot of the repeated album has just one track in it and another has just a couple.  I've tried retagging the tracks, recopying the files, deleting and reimporting, but it's always the same.  I don't remember this happening in MC16 and it's not happening with any of my other albums (I'm working with at small set at the moment ~20).  Anyone seens this issue?  How have you been able to fix it?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Library repeating same album?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »

Are you saying that MC shows the album multiple times, with 1 or 2 tracks in each of those albums?

If so, select all the tracks that belong to one album.  Then, use the Tag Action Window, and examine the Album name.  Does it say "Varies", or is it the same name?  If it varies, then click in the Album field to set the exact title for all the tracks at once.  Refresh with F5 should cause MC to show the tracks in a one album.  Note: the files must also reside in the same directory.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vetkooper

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:34:34 am »

I think  it is a problem with different composers/artists per track, thus play around with the customize view setting.
The way i do it. (It works good for me, but i am no expert. )The view scheme is Album first and then Album artist (auto). And when an album has different artists, I just keep the artist the same (meaning having different artist per song), but change all album artist tags of the album to Various Artists.

(i just realize you are talking about mc17 while i am still using mc16, so thjs may be useless info)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:53:12 am »

Depending on how it is tagged, the "River: The Joni Letters" album can be a various artists album. If the files have varying Album Artist field values the album may be grouped incorrectly.

Here are three more or less "correct" ways to tag the album:

Single artist
The contributing artists are included in the Name field values.
The "Album Artist (auto)" field value is automatically the same as the "Artist" field value in this case.

Various artists, no tagged "Album Artist" field value.
The "Album Artist (auto)" field value is automatically (Multiple Artists).

Various artists, a tagged "Album Artist" field value.
The "Album Artist (auto)" field value is automatically the same as the "Album Artist" field value.

An "incorrect" way would be to tag more than one Album Artist value.

Rip View
Here is how I have customized the columns in MC's "rip view". When I have these columns in the view I can easily tag the Album Artist values (when needed) already before ripping.

Click to see the complete uncropped screenshot of this "rip view".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up