INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art movie (video): dont save in local with cover art audio?  (Read 2628 times)

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.

Hello,

Cover art movie dont save in local with cover art audio?

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Cover Art\ ???

Now, Media Center save cover art movie in folder of the movie? Why?

Before, example: Video - Batman - Ano Um

Help,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

Re: Cover Art movie (video): dont save in local with cover art audio?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:46:07 am »

Please, help-me.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:48:39 am »

From the build .59 release notes...

4. Changed: Cover art assigned to video or data files is always stored next to the file.

(From the build .55 section)

Fabricio

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:14:04 am »

From the build .59 release notes...

(From the build .55 section)

Sorry, I did not read. I like the old way.

Or add function:
Options: File location > covert art >
Video mode: In a specified foder (for example)
Folder: C:\xxxx\xxxxAppData\Roaming\JRiver Media Center 17\Cover Art\

Can? Future versions.

Now, I need to save all my cover art video and after add cover art in video again for organize. I think in future installations of the program (Media center) on another PC.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

panoptes

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »

Sorry, I did not read. I like the old way ... Now, I need to save all my cover art video and after add cover art in video again for organize. I think in future installations of the program (Media center) on another PC.

Fabricio, I fully agree with you. I've just wasted a whole day trying to get my cover art saved in my 'cover art' folder, and now I find that there's no choice but in the file folder.

This 'backward tinkering' with such a basic (and to me, important) option is worrying. JRiver - please, please, please restore it!

(PS - I've now switched OFF the 'auto-update' feature, and will not trust it again.)

Cheers,

Panoptes

cvdspuy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »

First time for me on this forum, and I have been using MC since V12 and refuse to move to anything else :)
I've had my problems over the years, sometimes making me try another media players, and after tinkering (and Googling) always managed to help myself solve it and  always return to old faithful!! Ive even purchased dedicated media players devices in the past, and they they are only great for door-stoppers (we have a lot of wind in this area)!
BUT NOW I"M STUMPED!! Please can anyone help me on this one.
All the previous MC versions - I always save a copy of the artwork next to my video files under the video_ts directory (it didn't matter if I used the folder.jpg format or xxxxx.jpg) and MC always picked up the cover art for display (under both normal and theater view).
I have two pc's linked wirelessly, a NAS on the network, two 2GB external drives etc etc.
I have tried simplifying everything (disconnecting all external hardware / wireless connections / NAS) to end up with just one basic PC with a couple of DVD movies on my internal hard-drive (networking and folder sharing did cause problems in the past, so I wanted to eliminate every possible issue) -
If I do a complete reinstall of MC16 - all is 100% OK
If I do the same with MC17 - no cover art for videos. I have a collection of 700 odd DVD movies (all legally copied from my personal collection), but following the trial and tribulations of the previous two members, and is looking more and more that I am going to have to create a complex system of cover art files/folder, do a lot of renaming and well as apply the link to each movie one by one. This would be a nightmare and time-consuming process for me!!! ?
PLEASE PLEASE guys, can we not just have the old method of storing you cover-art in the same folder as before. Still have all your advanced feature as well, but please for the old-schoolers can we have the old method back as well!!!
Many many thanks for the best MC there is - just love it
CvdSpuy
OR - AM I JUST MISSING A SMALL POINT SOMEWHERE, that would be embarrasing, but perhaps I could use my old media players for a whack on the head!!!

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »

I asked the same thing here
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68768.0
No one replied, but not a big deal.

I ended up reimporting all of my videos at the same time this change happened so i was left with 1600 videos and no art.
I store my art as folder.jpg beside the file.
It was an easy fix. Here is what i did.

1) select all videos and change media type to audio.
2)rebuild thumbnails.
3)when all art is loaded into MC change media type back to video.
4)Highlight all video and select 'save coverart to external location specified in options'

Thats It. MC saves all the jpg's with the new naming conventions.

Another way to fix art for dvd-rips is to do a search for all jpgs in your dvd directory and rename them all to video_ts.jpg

The only annoying thing i can think of about this change, is if you import a season of a tv series with each episode as a separate file,
there is no automatic/simple way(that i know of) to add the art to all files. Other than the way i just described.

I like the new system because I no longer need an individual folder for every video I want to have cover art.

cvdspuy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

Thank you syndromeofadown ;) :D ;D - I am in Media Center heaven again- in fact it worked so well that I couldn't resist deleting my entire library just to see it happen in front of my eyes again.
I have been struggling with this issue for months now.
I would still like to request that the movie cover art issue be regressed to the previous versions, how many other people isn't be stuck on the same issue, when the solution is a workaround which probably took you a while to figure as well.
Anyway, thank you syndromeofadown, really much appreciated
cvdspuy

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

Storing cover art next to the media, in a standard way that most applications pick it up is all well and good. But I also do agree with you guys, that this things really should be configurable as well.

What we need is a way to manage all art files (in one place in my opinion). Both location, and preferably naming rules. Open up a new Art/Thumbnail section in options, add the images we have now like artist art, series art, music covers, video thumbnails. You can easily expand it with what ever images is added over time. Like banners, series posters, backdrops etc. I do not think people will ever stop bugging you about such things if they do not have a similar tool.

I'm probably one of them :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

NickF

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 06:38:11 am »

I have to say that I am really irritated by this change.  I use MyMovies to catalogue my DVDs and Blu-Rays and it is excellent at supplying movie data, including front and back covers.  When a new movie is entered, it also creates a Folder.jpg file in the movie folder, NOT in the Video_TS folder.  I don't want all my cover art in a separate folder.  Why won't MC read the Folder.JPGs from the movie folder, like other players do?  The Video_TS folder is for storing VIDEO files, hence the name!!  For every new DVD, I now have to manually duplicate the Folder.jpg into the Video_TS folder.  What a waste of time.  Before, it just worked.

Can we please have a change to enable us to choose where we hold this data, rather than being forced down a route which is inconsistent with common practice.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 03:58:19 pm »

In a coming build:
Changed: When importing videos (or doing quick find cover art), sidecar Folder.jpg images will be used if no [Filename].jpg image is found.
Changed: Folder.jpg files stored one level above the VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will be used if no other sidecar artwork is found.

If you manually change cover art, it will use the naming convention described here (which is required to nicely support per-episode / per-video artwork):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

Thanks Matt, that's excellent news.  Soon, I hope.  ;)

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Fabricio

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »

In a coming build:
Changed: When importing videos (or doing quick find cover art), sidecar Folder.jpg images will be used if no [Filename].jpg image is found.
Changed: Folder.jpg files stored one level above the VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will be used if no other sidecar artwork is found.

If you manually change cover art, it will use the naming convention described here (which is required to nicely support per-episode / per-video artwork):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up