INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost the ability to bitstream SPDIF - MC17 automatically changes settings  (Read 2612 times)

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

Just to set context:

I have a Sound Blaster Titanium Fatality Pro - which worked perfectly with Media Centre 17 - Zone 1 outputted to my Line 1 thru ASIO, Zone 2 outputted using WASAPI - Event Mode through an optical SPDIF output.

Stupidly, I installed hacked PAX drivers - which somehow changed the identification of my sound card - so it is reporting to MC 17 that my card cannot bitstream DD or DTS 5.1
I can't even install the official Creative drivers anymore to fix this, but that is another story

Now when I goto Zone 2 and set - Playback Options/Video/Bitstreaming and select SPDIF - once I play a file that requires bitstreaming, the below occurs

MC 17 automatically changes the Bitstreaming option to "None" - and automatically flicks on the "Output Format" option in DSP studio - using the following settings
Output Channels - "2"
Bit Depth - "24"
Mixing - "JRSS Surround Sound 2.0 (recommended)

I've never used these options before, so what is MC 17 using to make these choices? Is there anyway I can bypass this "check" and have it bitstream DD/DTS as per normal?
MC 17 used to just playback via SPDIF with no issues - prior to this driver being installed.

I tested my card with Media Player Classic - and this is still bitstreaming DD/DTS perfectly...but obviously I much prefer MC17 :)

Please help if you can, I really love the software - it appears there is a check MC17 does on the card that Media Player Classic doesn't, causing me issues

Jason

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Lost the ability to bitstream SPDIF - MC17 automatically changes settings
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:16 pm »

Hi,

Would really appreciate some help on this one, having a passthrough to my receiver is a must-have

Sorry if I was a bit wordy in my post, but I guess the key question is

"Why can I output passthrough DD/DTS with Media Player Classic to my receiver, but not with J River Media Centre 17. Is there a check that MC17 does as to a cards capability?"
Bitstreaming is automatically turned off, saying I can only do 48khz, 32 bit and 2 channels. It has worked in the past

Thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23:04 am »

An obvious difference is that Media Player Classic uses DirectSound.
If you choose this in MC it might work.

However you probably better de-install and remove the PAX drivers from your system.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:17:30 pm »

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the response

Have uninstalled PAX drivers - done a complete delete of everything Creative related also.

Reinstalled latest Creative drivers - and the problem still remains with MC 17 unfortunately.
Still able to get bit streaming with Media Player Classic and other software - but not MC17.

For MC17 to automatically flick to the above settings in DSP Studio, and turn of Bitstreaming - it must be doing some kind of check to make the assumption my card can only do 2 channels, 48khz@ 32 bit.

Hoping there is a way to bypass this check and let it bitstream to SPDIF regardless what it finds - similar to MPC

Edit: Also tested Directsound on MC17 and same outcome - DSP studio automatically set as above, and bitstreaming off

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:06:54 pm »

When in your Zone 2, is Options > Audio > Audio Output > Output Mode Settings... > Device still set to SPDIF (or whatever your sound card refers to it's SPDIF pass-through as)?

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:11:48 pm »

Rick,

Yes this still stays the same - only automatic changes made by MC17 are in DSP Studio, and Bitstream is changed to off

pain

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:08 pm »

I have to same problem with my ati 6850

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi

I have an ATI 6950 - interesting

Is there a reason why our video cards would affect SPDIF pass through output for MC17?

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Pain - thank you, you have fixed my problem, I had a look at some of your recent posts and followed a suggestion from "Beamer" below

"Regress to 17.0.46 and set Bitstreaming then either stay with V46 or just overwrite it with V60 once you are happy with the setup. Please see my post Installing Required Components is displayed for every film (fresh install)"

I have now installed V46 - and I can successfully bitstream again. This issue/bug must have just coincidentally popped up whilst I was experimenting with the PAX drivers.

Will test each update to MC17 to see if this is fixed, hopefully it doesn't find it's way into the final build as I love the software overall, and these things can happen whilst a program is in beta.

pain

• Recent member

I installed 17.0.46 and bitstream settings work fine this version

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 02:35:01 pm »

This bug was created when reworking how custom video filter selection is handled (which used to include bitstreaming options as well).

Look for a fix in the next build, and sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 06:08:44 pm »

Fixed in V62 - thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up