INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easier way to edit/delete channel lists  (Read 13005 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Easier way to edit/delete channel lists
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

Is there an easier way to delete unwanted channels?
I have a set top box (Directv) and the guide downloads all possible channels (several hundred). Most of the channels I don't want or don't subscribe to.
Now I delete each channel one at a time. I did a few hundred already, but is there an easier way?
I can't select more than one at a time in "Channel Edit" - but perhaps there is a file somewhere that I could edit (and select multiple files to delete at the same time).
Let me know if this is possible.

Also, as a feature request, it would be nice to have the ability to delete a rang of channels (such as 100 - 199). Or if the check box next to channel number (used for "favorites") could be also used for deleting. Meaning you put a check mark in all boxes and when your done you select "delete" and anything with a check is deleted. This would sure save some time. I still have several hundred more channels to delete to keep my guide to reasonable size and reduce the amount of scrolling.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Easier way to edit/delete channel lists
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:59:00 pm »

You are right, we should allow deleting multiple channels.

Short of that, you can try listing TV channels in a smart list.  Just select "Media Type" to be "TV".  All your channels are listed in the smart list.  To make sure your smart list is setup correctly, you can check the "Filename" for each entry.  They have filename extension "tvlb".  The filenames all begin with "TV Channel" and ends with "([tuner type])", like

"TV Channel xxxxxxxxxx (ATSC).tvlb"
"TV Channel xxxxxxxxxx (Set Top Box).tvlb"

You can select multiple entries in that view and delete them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:13 am »

Excellent idea. I'll try that now.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 12:36:56 pm »

Short of that, you can try listing TV channels in a smart list.  Just select "Media Type" to be "TV".  All your channels are listed in the smart list.  To make sure your smart list is setup correctly, you can check the "Filename" for each entry.  They have filename extension "tvlb".  The filenames all begin with "TV Channel" and ends with "([tuner type])", like

Good tip, worked for me!

One thing though - probably me being dim:
The TV channels with 2 audio streams (the second stream is an audio descriptor stream for the visually impaired) come up as 'Channel Name (1)'. If I put '(1)' in the search box in the smart list, it doesn't really do anything. What's the correct syntax to list all this with (1) in the name?

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »

Good tip, worked for me!

One thing though - probably me being dim:
The TV channels with 2 audio streams (the second stream is an audio descriptor stream for the visually impaired) come up as 'Channel Name (1)'. If I put '(1)' in the search box in the smart list, it doesn't really do anything. What's the correct syntax to list all this with (1) in the name?

SBR

Add a new rule for the smartlist and select Name, ends with, (1).  Then only channels that has a (1) at the end of their names will be displayed.  If, instead of "ends with", you use "contains", then you may find not only channels that has "(1)" at the end of the name, but also those with "(1)" anywhere in the name.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

That worked perfect for me, thanks!  It took me a few minutes to figure out that smartlists were in the playlists but going through every option is good for a newbie lol.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:54:15 pm »

This tip should be sticky somewhere, wish I would have known about it previously, it would have saved me a ton of time.
Sean

NickF

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36:11 am »

I have just updated the wiki to include this and improve the instructions.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

Let me know if you think there are other instructions required.  My knowledge is limited to DVB-T and DVB-S.  Is there anything specific or peculiar to ATSC or cable?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 08:16:20 am »

Thank you Nick!
Pages: [1]   Go Up