INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which channel configuration are you using JRiver for and what is your interest in Digital Room Correction??

Fullrange Stereo (2.0)
- 11 (12.6%)
Stereo with Subwoofer (2.1)
- 8 (9.2%)
Surround 5.1 (Single Subwoofer)
- 9 (10.3%)
Surround 7.1 (Single Subwoofer)
- 4 (4.6%)
Surround with multiple Subwoofers
- 8 (9.2%)
I am interested in Digital Room Correction
- 17 (19.5%)
I already use Digital Room Correction
- 16 (18.4%)
I am not interested in Digital Room Correction
- 3 (3.4%)
I (will) use Convolution for active crossover
- 11 (12.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which channel configuration are you using/planning to use JRiverConvolution for?  (Read 2960 times)

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

This is planned as a partner thread to discussing JRiver's new convolution engine here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.0

What is the general interest in the feature of Digital Room Correction using JRiver Convolution and applications like Acourate, Audiolense, DRC, REW,...? If interested what channel configuration are you / will you be using it for?

Thank you for your participation!

I already use DRC with JRiver Convolution with a 7 speakers 2 subwoofers setup. My application of choice atm is Acourate (coming from Audiolense).

RC23

• World Citizen

Please add the choice of active loudspeaker with software crossover (Acourate or Audiolense). The second choice is a loudspeaker with active crossover by hardware (op-amp). I will work with Acourate in a stereo setup with 3-way loudspeaker plus subwoofer and ... JRiverConvolution.

Ruediger

candycane

• Recent member

What examples of active (or passive) speakers are appropriate for use with Acourate or Audiolense's software crossovers?  Would I need a speaker that allows bypass of a speaker's built-in crossover, or is it OK to leave any speaker crossover in the signal path in addition to using the software crossover?

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe

Please add the choice of active loudspeaker with software crossover (Acourate or Audiolense). The second choice is a loudspeaker with active crossover by hardware (op-amp). I will work with Acourate in a stereo setup with 3-way loudspeaker plus subwoofer and ... JRiverConvolution.

Ruediger

A 2.1 config may just as well be software xo.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers

7.2 system and interested in correction and active crossover.
Sean

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

It seems that Multichannel and Stereo are evenly split.

Mark_A_W

• Recent member

I currently use Denis Sbragion's DRC for 7.1 and 2 channel room correction.   I've been using it for years with Convolver filter (Convolver Wrapper directshow filter (in another player) and Convolver VST in MC).

I'd actually like separate convolver settings for multichannel and 2 channel.     For 2 channel I prefer an extreme correction filter, which only works in the sweetspot - just for me.   But for multichannel I use less aggressive correction for multiple seats.

Which is why I have previously used two players, one setup for 2 channel exclusively music (MC) and another setup for multichannel video playback.  They are separate use-cases, particularly for room correction.

I'm currently building some big floorstanders which I plan to use a PC as the crossover.  Either with filters generated by audiolense/acourate + Convolver, or maybe with Allocator running in a hardware loop.

BTW, I'd like the DSP readout thingy to give me more information on what it's doing (it just says Convolution), and some control over other parameters similar to Convolver filter, such as gain and noise shaping (if that's applicable).     I'm just playing with it now, seeing how it handles different channel numbers and sample rates (using my config file from Convolver filter

Cheers

Mark

ccclapp

• Junior Woodchuck

My current setup is 2.2 (2 mains, 2 subs).  As such I want to XO the subs and do DRC.  That puts me in the 2-ch / XO / DRC slot.

I intend to use MC convolution and loop-back to move fully to PC playback of all sources and with XO/DRC convolution.

Thanks for your contribution @TheLion!
--Caleb
Pages: [1]   Go Up