INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo / Webgizmo connection problems  (Read 6719 times)

soulrider4ever

• Recent member
Gizmo / Webgizmo connection problems
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:57:17 pm »

Hey,

I just upgraded to version 17 and gizmo on my android is having problems connecting.  I had 0 issues with 16, I have firewall port forward set to the static IP of the PC and the PC's firewall is off.  I reset the key and uninstallled/reinstalled gizmo on the EVO phone.  I tried with phone connected to wifi and 3G.  

It's odd because it prompts for my userid and password, which I enter and sometimes it will actually connect but only after I hit OK on the android password screen over and over, about 1/7 tries works and connects fine, then sometimes it just drops connection.

Help?

soulrider4ever

• Recent member
Re: Upgraded to 17 from 16 and Gizmo acting up
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »

when I use the new Webgizmo on the localhost, it works fine, but it doesn't work from another laptop I have pointing to the IP, once it prompted for the userid/pw (I am using authentication to sync library changes) and then it just seems to close the connection - but only from a 'remote' device.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »

Try powering everything all the way down and back up.  Including your router.

Make sure that you're not running MC16 and MC17 or both Media Servers at the same time.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Gizmo / Webgizmo connection problems
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:03:37 pm »

I'm going to combine this with the other similar thread here.

soulrider4ever

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »

Try powering everything all the way down and back up.  Including your router.

Make sure that you're not running MC16 and MC17 or both Media Servers at the same time.

Done and yeah not running both, I uninstall 16.  Just to try I reinstalled 16 and it works perfect, I uninstall 16 go to 17 and it's no working, I think something is up with this version of 17.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:10 pm »

Gizmo works fine in MC17.

Firewall?

soulrider4ever

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 04:42:36 am »

Firewall is disabled, FWIW I am a network administrator with an MCSA, I can tell you that webgizmo function 100% on the localhost, when I connect from another PC on the LAN, it loads the site, prompts for authentication and then will show maybe 1 image, sometimes I get the prompt to login, sometimes I don't. 

I guess my next step is to completely uninstall 17 and remove personal settings and start from scratch.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:39 am »

Very strange.  Have you tried another browser?

What is the device you're using for a client?

Does audio work?

WebGizmo image playback was broken but is fixed in the next build.  Is that the only probem you see?

soulrider4ever

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 04:35:29 am »

fresh install seemed to do it, so weird... oh wells.

Rives

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:27 am »

I had the same problem.  I did an uninstall of version 16 and 17.  A fresh install of 17.  An unistall of Gizmo on my Android.  A fresh install of Gizmo.  I'm still having the same issues you described.  It hangs up, goes back to home, stops allowing control.  Loads very slowly.  I never had any of these issues in version 16.

Glad the unistall and fresh install worked for you--it's not working for me.  Wonder if there are other possible steps or updates on the way.

JimH

• Administrator

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 09:11:49 am »

I'm having the same/similar problem.  Up to recently gizmo worked fine from my android phone either on wifi in the house or externally when I'm away.  It still connects fine on wifi but has stopped working externally.  I tested the network connection in the options menu and your server is not able to connect either.  I get a message about having to enable port forwarding on my router.  The thing is, I have, and it has been working fine up until very recently.  I just installed the new MC build Jim linked to, but that made no difference.  I've checked my router settings and they are still the same.  I'm adding a picture b/c I honestly am still a little boggled by all this network stuff but it looks pretty straightforward. 

Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:27:50 am »

Make sure the IP address of the server hasn't changed.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:49 am »

Nope, still the same.   I'm heading out for a a couple days so I'll check back in when I get home.  thanks
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 10:44:27 pm »

Ok I figured it out, I guess my IP addresss did change, and the one I enabled port forwarding for somehow switched to my laptop.  Anyway I updated the port forwarding rule to the correct IP address and all is good again.  Thanks.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23
Pages: [1]   Go Up