INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help connecting to webgizmo  (Read 4007 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Help connecting to webgizmo
« on: January 21, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

I'm really excited about the prospects of the new gizmo, but I can't get my ipod to connect.  This is probably some networking problem on my end, but any help or advice would be appreciated.  I can access webgizmo from the host pc and the web address looks like "http://localhost:52199/Gizmo/".  When I try to connect from somewhere else (from an ipod, android phone, laptop etc. all of which are connected to the WAN) using the local ip address which looks like this "http://192.168.0.109:52199/" I get the following error. 

"ERROR
Network problem
You tried to access the address http://192.168.0.109:52199/, which is
currently unavailable.  Please make sure that the web address (URL) is
correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."

Again that same address works on the host pc, but nowhere else.  I have my router set to portforward port 52199 and windows firewall is set to allow media center applications.  I really am not very good with networking stuff though, am I missing something obvious?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help connecting to webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:26:20 pm »

That looks right.  Can you try connecting from another PC, using a browser?  If that doesn't work, it may still be a firewall issue.

Your router only needs to forward packets on 52199 if you're connecting from the Internet.  For a local connection, it shouldn't be required.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »

When I try to connect from somewhere else (from an ipod, android phone, laptop etc. all of which are connected to the WAN) using the local ip address which looks like this "http://192.168.0.109:52199/" I get the following error. 

If your devices are on the WAN, you'd need to use your PUBLIC WAN IP, not the private 192.168.0.xx IP.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:05:27 pm »

I missed the WAN part.  Thanks.

I'm going to combine this with the other similar thread here.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:28:17 am »

Ugh, so I misled you with the WAN part, it is most definitely not that.  I don't have a WAN, it's a LAN, I just meant that all the devices share the same wireless router to access the internet.  Moreover I tried it again with a different laptop and it worked.  Well, it didn't exactly work, there were playback issues, but it did connect.  I still get the same error on the ipod and android phone and the original laptop I tried though.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:04:44 pm »

Ok, good to know the difference.

You have a WAN - that's the side of your wireless router/AP that connects to your Internet provider (broadband router, Ethernet tap, etc.).
Your LAN is your private network using the internal ports and wireless connections of your wireless router/AP.

Some folks connect to their MC services while outside their LAN, and for this, the use their WAN IP address.

Not sure how to address the playback issues.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:03 pm »

I am able to setup webgizmo and connect from my remote controller laptop to my music server (CAPS2). However, I can only play music through the remote controller laptop, regardless of whether I select "this Location" or the music server as the "Play to" device.  Of course, the whole point is to play through my high end sound system, using the music server, rather than my tinny sounding laptop. 
I have the file path set over the network to my music server, so that brought in all the files to the remote controller laptop; it appears that I am playing the files from the remote controller laptop.  But, I need to find out how to just have the remote controller laptop operate as a remote controller, and play music from the music server.
How??

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:58 am »

Dennis do you have the latest version of MC there were some recent changes to WebGizmo that fixed a play *there* problem.
Sean

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

I have version 17.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »

The latest is 17.0.85. 

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:16:49 pm »

I have version 17.0.82.  Did the change mentioned above occur from 17.0.82 to 17.0.85?
Pages: [1]   Go Up