INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any advice for this person on AVS? I think MC would be perfect for him.  (Read 737 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Quote from: MrSqueaks on AVS
I have been given the task to build a computer for the audio/visuals of a restaurant. At the restaurant we play music and videos, but separate from each other. Currently we have music playing through a music device and DVDs playing from a separate dvd player. We want to combine them into one computer that can handle it all.

We will be getting a computer with a large hard drive to store the music and video libraries. It will need a good deal of RAM as well as a good sound card and video card. The video card will need a component output so we can plug it right into our existing set up.

The part I need help with is what software to use. We will have the music playing in one program (possibly something as simple as itunes) but we will need another program to play the videos to the component output so that the TVs in the store will only see the video and none of the other stuff on the computer. I would also like the video program to be capable of a seamless video playlist; we will probably have a library of video clips of different subjects and I would like to be able to drag and drop them into a playlist that will play seamlessly.

Any suggestions on the software to use for the videos ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21589908#post21589908

I think MC can do all of what he needs. Any AVS members want to chime in to lend support if you think I'm right or give him alternative solutions if I'm wrong? In the interest of being 100% open, I've linked this thread in the original thread on AVS, so you can post here too. Thanks, guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up