INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View doesn't show Television option  (Read 12695 times)

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View doesn't show Television option
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »

I'm a newbie learning how to drive JRiver and want to use television via Theater View, but the "Television" option is missing from the Theater View menu.  I don't know if this is normal default configuration, or how to add it into the menu.  I tried a full uninstall and reinstall but no difference.  (I'm running the latest version, and have the television config setup and working on standard view).  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View doesn't show Television option
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:22:56 pm »

Try Video > Shows and Video > Guide in Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »

Thanks, so by default I have to navagate menus and go through the guide to watch TV.
Is there a way to setup a Theater View root menu option that will take me directly into TV?

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:36 pm »

Thanks, so by default I have to navagate menus and go through the guide to watch TV.
Is there a way to setup a Theater View root menu option that will take me directly into TV?

Yes. Create a Root Library Item (and delete the child views). Call it "Live TV" (or whatever) and click "set rules for file display...". Add a new rule where: "TV Channel" | "is not" | "<empty>" or similar. This will give you a nice neat list of channels, followed by program name and sub-title (assuming you have valid EPG data loaded).

Another tip is in Standard View, I rename each channel to begin with a number which makes sorting the list in Theater View a lot easier.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:34:29 am »

Thanks raym, much appreciated!  I'll give it a go, and thanks for the tip.

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »

Well I've given raym's suggestion a try, but it is still very similiar to the Guide in that you have 3 button pushes to get into TV.  I'm getting plently of complaints from the family about how how annoying it is to get into TV compared to our previous Windows Media Centre.

Is it possible to configure Theater View to simply push a "LiveTV" button and go directly into TV?

(this is very common among other PVR applications)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 03:29:46 am »

Ok, try this... Go to theater view menu options again and click add>external program. The default app is mc17.exe. Leave this and in the parameters box type "/mcc 30002" (without the quotes). Name the button "live tv" or whatever. This will launch straight into live tv (the last channel watched is the one mc tunes into).
Z-Wave Home Automation

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »

Thanks raym, that does exactly what I want (beit a bit clumsy dropping out to desktop then into LiveTV, but overall a good result).  Thanks for your help!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

a bit clumsy dropping out to desktop

Oh, you need to uncheck the option to hide media center when the app is launched. This option is on the same config page you entered the above params etc.
Z-Wave Home Automation

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:47 pm »

Brilliant - that resolved the issue, thanks.  The whole solution works perfectly now.

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 03:07:10 am »

Ok, try this... Go to theater view menu options again and click add>external program. The default app is mc17.exe. Leave this and in the parameters box type "/mcc 30002" (without the quotes). Name the button "live tv" or whatever. This will launch straight into live tv (the last channel watched is the one mc tunes into).

This solution has recently stopped working.  I suspect it is related to a change made in build 178 according to the change log.  Any idea how to make it work again?

NickF

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:01 am »

This solution has recently stopped working.  I suspect it is related to a change made in build 178 according to the change log.  Any idea how to make it work again?
You now need to add a parameter to the "/mcc 30002" command.  The parameter is the channel number of the channel you want to watch.  Choose the channel you watch most often.  It might be useful to have a -1 option on this to play the last channel watched.  So modify the command to "/mcc 30002, 1" to watch channel number 1.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »

... It might be useful to have a -1 option on this to play the last channel channel.

+1

Or, no parameter plays last channel played. As it used to.
Z-Wave Home Automation

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

Thanks guys, adding "1" option works.  Ideally I would have liked it to play the last channel using the "-1" option but this always plays (the same) un-numbered channel.

Anyway, I'm fairly happy with it alway starting channel 1.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:38 am »

Are you using a remote or your keyboard?

You say you previously used WMC - do you have the remote that came with it?

If you're using a generic WMC remote, pressing "LiveTV" should start playing TV immediately, or "Guide" should take you to the guide...

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:52 am »

Good thought.  I'm using a clone WMC remote, but the liveTV button didn't work.  This is most likely due to the clone :)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:20 am »

No, it should work.

The JR Remote is just a WMC clone and it works fine.

Stupid question - have you turned the remote option on in Tools > Options > Remote and made sure it's just the MC remote option?

EDIT: Scrap that. I just tried to use the "LiveTV" button on my remote and it squat as well...

I was sure I used to use it and it went straight to TV playback from the first channel in the list...

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 06:08:57 am »

Yes i have noticed that Live Tv button doesn't work any more on my MCE remote as well on the ltest version of J river Media center.  Must be a bug introduced. Any one know how to create a keyboard short cut i can programme into my harmony remote to fix this?

NickF

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 07:02:33 am »

Yes i have noticed that Live Tv button doesn't work any more on my MCE remote as well on the ltest version of J river Media center.  Must be a bug introduced. Any one know how to create a keyboard short cut i can programme into my harmony remote to fix this?

See my post above:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70386.msg496259#msg496259

You need to get your remote to issue a command:

mc17.exe /mcc 30002, 1 to play channel 1.  Select the channel you play most often.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 10:11:50 pm »

It is a problem that it is difficult, by default, to get to Live TV. And it's a shame that the solution is a command line workaround that is version specific, so when you jump to MC18/19/etc. you have to remember to update this workaround. This would be a really nice one to fix on the JRiver end for MC18.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 04:08:27 am »

Yes. Create a Root Library Item (and delete the child views). Call it "Live TV" (or whatever) and click "set rules for file display...". Add a new rule where: "TV Channel" | "is not" | "<empty>" or similar. This will give you a nice neat list of channels, followed by program name and sub-title (assuming you have valid EPG data loaded).

Another tip is in Standard View, I rename each channel to begin with a number which makes sorting the list in Theater View a lot easier.

How do I 'Create a Root library'?
Pages: [1]   Go Up