INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you play bluray ISO's from your library in MC17?  (Read 4428 times)

jb5200

• Recent member
How do you play bluray ISO's from your library in MC17?
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:27 am »

I am very new to this and love the sound quality and features but hate the learning curve (slightly frustrating).  I have the latest version of MC17 and I use it for Audio as well as for my HTPC.  I have all of my movies (DVD and BR) in ISO's and I imported them into my library, which was a pain but I can't seem to get them to play.  I also have Clone Drive installed and when I mount it, it plays fine.  But I want to be able to play it from my library - I want to scroll through my library, find a movie and play it. 

I don't want to have to go into the hard drive, right click on a movie, mount it, then open MC17 and play just that movie.  Then if I want to play a different movie go through that whole process again, what's the point of having a library if you can't use it? 

How are you guys doing this??

Also, how do you get the menu's to work for BR ISO's? I have a couple movies that default play 2 ch. and you have to actually go in and choose TRUE HD, stupid I know, but I can't do that with the rip b/c I can't get the menus.

Thanks

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How do you play bluray ISO's from your library in MC17?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:46:49 am »

I make folders for the Movies and and put the files for each in there. Not ISOs. But the directory of files is equal to the ISO, and MC sees the files inside and plays the BD. And as a bonus, you get all the ads ripped out, it just plays the movie. Perhaps not all the functionality you want. But it works great if you just want to play the BD movie. DVDs and Blurays, both are not in iso form. Both are in folders that look like what the disk would look like if opened in explorer. (Also if you use MyMovies they insist upon a directory for each film.) You should be able to pick the sound you want from MC. As an added bonus, you can play the BDs over a network. Impossible to mount BDs over a network best as I can tell.
Hope this helps.

Don

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:22 am »

Have a look at the Wiki and the instructions from MC13 (onwards) http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center  you are able to:
- Keep and manage ISO in MC
- "Play" the ISO from MC (which will mount it using VCD) then AutoPlay (if set to MC) will then play it
JRiver CEO Elect

jb5200

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:12:56 am »

Thanks,

I will give it a shot - I sorta did that - went into options, went to data and chose iso to play automatically but not from external but every time I closed MC17 and then reopened it was always set to no again.  I will try it this way to see how it goes and let you know.

Thanks - you don't know how many hours I spent on this one thing!

jb5200

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »

OK, so now I got all of my iso's to play in the library but how do I get them to show up in Library View and tag them with cover art?  I tried to follow the Wiki for MC 13 and MC 17 must be completely different because the directions weren't even close - they didn't have the same options when I followed the directions for MC 13.

Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:52:55 pm »

You just need to include the iso format in your library view under "customize view."

jb5200

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:09:33 pm »

I'm getting closer.  Can you please walk me through this!  This is the most frustrating thing in the world, especially when you don't know what you are doing.  I have spent hours clicking here and there and everywhere to get this to work.  I did get the file to play from the library and I did get the file to show up under the Video heading on the left but I want to get it to the Movie subheading and tag it correctly with cover art so I can play it in Theater View.

Here's what I did - Right clicked on Video and went to customized view, under settings went to Set rules for file display.  Under the rules it was on Media type   is   Video and then I just added data as well and all of the iso's showed up under Video but under the files subheading.

How do I get the iso's to show up as movies and tag it correctly with cover art to play in theater view?

Thanks

jb5200

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 06:57:55 am »

Ok, so I got it to work based on another thread about the same thing - this obviously is a glitch for a lot of people.  Now when I watch a movie, the video only slows waaaaay down every 20 seconds so it sputters and blurs and is really hard to watch - I'm assuming I need to change a setting again but now sure what to do here either.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:10:40 am »

It is interesting how much Media Center relies on Windows services and other programs. (Compared to other solutions like XBMC)
I couldn't find the screensaver and looked around the forum and finally figured out there is none, just ways to work with the Windows built in Screensaver.
(Which works fine for me)

The way I figure it, You import the iso as data, then change it to a Movie Subtype, then get info.
To play you set MC to launch Virtual Clone Drive, and mount the iso you clicked. Windows itself then sees the new drive letter and Windows Autoplay (if configured right) will try to play it with Media Center, which you already have open. It works for me, but a few seconds delay while the magic happens in the background. Much faster with just folders of the ISOs, but you do lose it being the ISO...

For playback, hesitation and jerkiness can be Video (hardware/software) or Network. Is this file local? Can your machine play it with another program once it is mounted? (ie Media Player Classic, part of the K-Lite Pack or Cyberlinks PowerDVD).
If it can then you need to look at how MC is set up, if it can't, MC isn't the problem.
my 2 cents worth..

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up