INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate Zone with Dedicated Video and audio ?  (Read 1896 times)

drstorm

Separate Zone with Dedicated Video and audio ?
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:59 pm »

Hi !

Is there a way to use MC to create different zone with With video and audio dedicated? I mean : i have 2 video cards with hdmi and dvi then : 1 hdmi stream 1 movie (to cinema), the other hdmi a other movie at the same time (in the kitchen) and a 1 dvi (and sound card output) is my desktop (with a can continue playing without affect the other zone).  And even 1 theater view on each hdmi output. 

I already set the 3 zones, i find where you you select witch output for audio for each zone but not for the video.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Separate Zone with Dedicated Video and audio ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:42:58 pm »

You can detach the display in each zone and drag them to different monitors, but there's no turn-key system to make this really easy.

It sounds like you may be a few years ahead of us ;)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:33:27 pm »

You can detach the display in each zone and drag them to different monitors

This is the way to do it.

Detached Displays remember their positioning and fullscreen/non status on a per-Zone basis.  So, you can just detach the display for each of those Zones, move the display to the proper monitor, and then double-click it to go fullscreen.  As long as you don't close the display, it'll stay there.  Even if you do close it (by clicking the "bring it back" link or whatever), it'll remember where it was and what size it was when you open it again.

Basically, they are a drag-droppable way to move per-Zones around and position them, even if you want more than one on one monitor.

It sounds like you may be a few years ahead of us ;)

I don't actually think MC is that far away from a simple way to do this.  The main problem seems to be (from an outsider's view, of course) to be UI.

The main issue is that Theater View and Display View share the same Options -> Tree and View -> Full Screen setting.  What would work better would be this:

Options -> Theater View -> Display Settings -> Monitor (and an accompanying Resolution control): This defaults to "Same as current" and is NOT Zone specific.  Works just like the current one only it is Theater View only.

Options -> Video -> Display Settings -> Monitor (and, again, resolution):  Again, defaults to "same as current" but this time is Zone specific like all the other stuff in Options -> Video.  This one controls Display View.

That way, you could easily have Theater View set to "Same as Current" (or set to somewhere specific) and cycle between Standard/Theater Views there, while your different Zones have their own Full-Screen Display Views that automatically go to the proper monitor for each zone.  You'd just set the Monitor setting under Video to the proper display for each Zone you define.

MC can already accomplish all of the same stuff "playback wise" simultaneously (fullscreen playback, via a Detached Display, on one monitor, and Theater View on another; multiple separate fullscreen displays per-zone, and all of that).  The UI to pre-set it is just not very good if that is all you want (to set it once, and always have video from a particular zone go to a particular monitor).

The Detached Displays are fantastic for "on the fly" setups (and, like I said, it lets you have multiple video windows open on one big display, which is useful for things like Eyefinity displays where multiple monitors show up in Windows as one huge display).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

drhyoung

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 04:33:54 pm »

Hi glynor,

I'm looking at that same config - two HDMI video cards, each dedicated to its own zone.
Because its easy for the family, I've got Theater View set up.

Ideally each zone would display Theater View on its own monitor, potentially both zones showing the same menu at the same time.

Did you have script/s plus UltraMon able to do this ?

Thanks,

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up