INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track order on JRGizmo, Android  (Read 1875 times)

murrayp

• Recent member
Track order on JRGizmo, Android
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:33 am »

Hi,
I'm using the latest JRiver version (I think - seems to auto update now and then) with W7, and JRiver Gizmo as a remote control on a Samsung 10.1 tablet.  It all works fine except for one annoyance - many of the albums show up and play from Gizmo control, with the wrong track order.  Some are OK, some not.  I don't see a pattern.  The albums are mostly flac, and fully tagged with correct track order etc - they play correctly directly from JRiver itself.   Can anyone provide some hints?   Restarting Android didn't help, it seemed restarting w7 did yesterday, but today (computer left on, Tablet turned off over night and restarted today) it all seems mucked up again.

Thanks for any hints!

Murray

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Track order on JRGizmo, Android
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:06 am »

You're in luck my friend.  I've had this exact same problem for years now and it aggrevated me to no end, but I finally fixed it the other day. I've even posted forum topics about this (like this one) and no one ever seemed to know what the hell I was talking about like I was the only one on the planet seeing this problem.

The problem is with how the MC sorts the songs.  If you go in to those granular settings Under each View that allows you to sort how the songs are displayed you can then make it sort by Track #.  I'm at work now so I can't remember the exact navigation to the setting but when I get home I'll look it up and post it here for you.  You have to make it sort by Track # for every view that you use.  When I search for songs on Gizmo sometimes I use the Artist View, Genre View, or the Album View.  You'll have to make sure it's sorting by Track # for each View.  Man that bothered me for years I tell you.  It's ashame that no one ever figured that out and posted a reponse to my forum post about it.

Update: I found where to change the setting. Go to Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Custimize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo -> Items To Show -> Audio -> Artist (do for all views under Audio) -> Files To Display -> Set rules for display -> Modify Results -> Select "Sort by" from drop down menu then finally click Add and select "Track # (a-z)“ and that will now display your songs in order by track # in Gizmo. I know I know it shouldn't be that difficult to do that when it should done by default.

gwikse

• Recent member
Re: Track order on JRGizmo, Android
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:53:42 am »

Thank you very much for the guide :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up