INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with PS Audio PWD/Bridge  (Read 4832 times)

JanLeysen

• Recent member
Problem with PS Audio PWD/Bridge
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:33:22 am »

I am running MC on my Mac under Parallels but am not able to stream music to the Bridge/PWD, although "Use Media Network to share this library and Enable DNLA" is checked.
Also, under "Playing now", "PS Audio DAC and bridge" appears (with the Play symbol in front).

When I try to play towards the "PS Audio DAC and bridge", first the Play symbol in front of "PS Audio DAC and bridge" becomes green. Nothing happens however (no sound comes out from the PWD, neither is there some Info displayed on the PWD). The after a minute or so there is a pop-up window saying "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network setting". Therafter another pop-up: "Something went wrong with the playback".
Then the "green" disappears.

It is not possible either to stream music to the PWD/bridge using PlugPlayer, although in the list of Media Servers, "JANC96B (Generic DLNA)" (with the JRiver icon in front) can be selected and in the list of Media Renderers "PS Audio DAC and bridge" can be selected.

Streaming to the internal sound card works, as well within MC as when I use PlugPlayer with as Media Renderer "MacBook Air from Jan Leysen".

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with PS Audio PWD/Bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »

Try turning on DLNAExtra under the advanced DLNA server options. I don't know what formats your DAC perfers but you may want to check that Audio Conversion settings for the DLNA server as well.

JanLeysen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:33:34 am »

Still doesn't work... :-[

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:45:14 am »

Still doesn't work... :-[
I'm just guessing but try Audio->"convert always" and headerless L16. Under advanced turn on stereo downmix and pick a sample rate if necessary. You could also try wave instead of L16 if it doesn't work after trying L16...

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

Jan, I'm a recent member to this board and did a search for PWD posts. Found this one. Did you ever get this to work?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:20:39 am »

Jan, I'm a recent member to this board and did a search for PWD posts. Found this one. Did you ever get this to work?
Tony, do you have one of these devices?

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:26:30 am »

Yes. It's a great DAC, and I did get it to work with the current version of MC17. It seemed actually quite simple.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:31:34 am »

Yes. It's a great DAC, and I did get it to work with the current version of MC17. It seemed actually quite simple.
Thanks for the report. Did you use the defaults? If not, would you share your settings?

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 12:03:33 pm »

I'll have to get back with these when I get home tonight.

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 06:14:49 pm »

Okay, here's what I have under Audio:

Output Mode: WASAPI - Event Style

WASAPI Settings: Device- (Default)
                           Open Device for Exclusive Access
                           Buffering - 100 msec

Under DSP & output format, make sure No Change is selected for all Sample Rates. Also make sure Play From Memory Instead of Disk is selected.

Under the Media Network options, make sure Use Media Network to Share this library and Enable DLNA is checked.

When you enable "Use Media Network..." on a Win7 system that is using the Win7 Firewall you'll get a pop-up panel asking if you want to allow this capability access through the Firewall. Allow it.

In the DLNA Servers configuration panel, under Audio select Never Always Convert and (for Encoder) Uncompressed 24 bit.

Under Media Network->Advanced make sure all 3 DLNA boxes are checked.

That's pretty much all I did. I checked it with standard Redbook and high res files and got music from my PWD in the correct format (uncompressed in the original resolution).

-edit- Note the updates above. With these changes the FLAC files are decoded to PCM on the server.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »

Thanks Tony!

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 06:58:29 pm »

Let me know what happens!

gswaul

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 10:26:22 am »

Tony, can I assume that playback is gapless as well?  Thanks, Gary

Birddogthecat

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »

Tony, Thank you very much for the settings. I had the DLNA Servers set as "Never Convert." I changed it to "Always Convert" & set the Encoder at "Uncompressed 24 bit."

All the other settings I had as per your outline because a very kind PS Audio Beta Tester sent them to me crediting you.
Christopher

greggery

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 11:45:06 am »

Tony, can I assume that playback is gapless as well?  Thanks, Gary

I would also like to know this. And is MC just as smooth running through the network?

Pages: [1]   Go Up