INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.122 -- Available Here  (Read 7125 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
JRiver Media Center 17.0.122 -- Available Here
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:33:18 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170122.exe

17.0.122 (4/5/2012)

1. Fixed: 'Move center to front L/R' was not working in build 120 and 121.
2. Changed: Analog television tuners/video capture devices that use MPEG hardware compression will use Red October or custom filters settings in time-shifting mode.
3. NEW: Option to start analog channels in time-shifting mode.  The default is off.
4. Changed: Pressing Stop button while time-shifting analog TV channel stops playing the channel, instead of just canceling time-shifting.  The behavior is now the same for analog and digital channels.
5. Changed: Updates to webgizmo video playing, thanks scolex...

17.0.121 (4/4/2012)

1. Fixed: JRSS mixing was not working properly in some cases with build 120.

17.0.120 (4/3/2012)

1. NEW: Added the ability to DSP Studio > Output Format to output some variants like "2 channels (inside 4 channel container)", "5.1 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)", etc.
2. Changed: Revised the JRSS upmixing engine to support more flexible channel arrangements and to offer better performance in some cases (should be an internal change, but please report any issues).
3. Changed: Tuned the way television shows the channel and program when changing channels to make it easier to read.
4. Changed: The channel up / channel down buttons on the remote would not allow quick channel scanning.
5. Changed: When scanning channels quickly, the OSD updates immediately while the tune happens in the background (previously the OSD could lag behind).
6. Changed: The television control behaves better when a lot of tune requests are issued quickly.
7. Faster: Improved the performance of displaying OSD information for television (which also makes changing channels faster).
8. Fixed: Television recording skipped a final importing procedure (resulting in recordings being reported as missing in standard TV view) in the last couple of builds.
9. Changed: Find & Replace no longer allows making filename changes (which move files).  Use the find & replace feature in Rename, Move, & Copy Files instead.
10. Changed: WebPlay and WebRemote have been deprecated in favor of WebGizmo (WebPlay and WebRemote will remain for v17, but they are not shown in Options or on the root Library Server page).

17.0.119 (4/2/2012)

1. Changed: The TVInfo(...) expression function supports 'ChannelKeywords' to get the keywords of the channel for a guide program or recording.
2. Fixed: Some older Real Video clips would not play (RV10/RV20 format).
3. Changed: Volume Protection resets the level to 20% instead of 10% if there has been no playback for a long time (better matches Internal Volume changes from 17.0.83).
4. Fixed: DLNA Sinkprotocolinfo string had improper syntax.
5. Fixed: Using Play Doctor with linked zones could cause a crash.
6. Changed: When using Volume Leveling in 'Automatic based on current playlist' mode, a consistent +6.0 dB will be used when playing with Play Doctor (otherwise as Play Doctor changes the playlist it can cause the volume to fluctuate between tracks).
7. Fixed: Disconnecting some DLNA devices during playback could cause Media Center to freeze.
8. Fixed: Temporary DLNA audio conversion files weren't getting deleted until Media Center closed.
9. Fixed: Forced whitespace, indicated by slash space, in expressions was not working properly.
10. NEW: Playback of unprotected RTMP streams works with File > Open URL...
11. Changed: Clicking 'Resume Playback' on Gizmo when the server's Playing Now was empty would cause the server to show a 'There is nothing to play' error.
12. NEW: "Do not record reruns" option for television subscription recording.
13. Changed: Added the Media Sub Type 'Trailer' for movie trailers.
14. Changed: On the end of a Blu-ray, the menu dialog is no longer shown automatically (use Particles, the Menu button on the remote, the OSD, or the right-click menu to play sub-titles).

17.0.118 (3/30/2012)

1. Changed: Tag on import rules allow drag-n-drop or right-click reordering.
2. Fixed: When picking a search suggestion that didn't change the search text, it would not properly apply the rule to the view.
3. Fixed: Column width / order changes were not being saved.
4. Fixed: Ctrl+Arrow navigation did not work properly in multi-line edit controls that use plain text instead of HTML.
5. Changed: Dates of the form "yyyy mm dd" would not parse (used in some M4A files, maybe others).
6. NEW: Consecutive and overlapping TV recordings on the same channel are recorded with the same tuner.
7. Changed: The folder browse dialog uses system controls only and no skinning to avoid problems like scrollbars not working, etc.
8. NEW: For WebGizmo if a browser supports HTML 5, WebGizmo will try to play music, images and video with an HTML 5 javascript player. If it can't play that specific content using HTML5 it will revert to a flash player. This allows playlists on ios 5 to work in Safari for audio and images. Video is likely to need more changes...

17.0.117 (3/29/2012)

1. Fixed: Video playback on Gizmo / WebGizmo could (still) not work in some cases.

17.0.116 (3/29/2012)

1. Fixed: If cancelling of an internet read was slow, it could cause a thread to be ungracefully terminated leading to crashes in the system library wininet.dll.
2. Changed: Revised how Theater View backdrop loading is handled so that the user interface thread is never waiting on a load to finish.
3. Fixed: In certain cases the last frame in an ID3v2 tag would not get removed properly, so a frame could appear twice in the tag.
4. Fixed: Viewing a single file search result in Theater View was not working properly.
5. Faster: Core value searching engine (Theater View, Gizmo, search suggestions, etc.) is about 15% faster.
6. Changed: In Netflix, right and left keyboard arrows or remote buttons now activate Silverlight fastforward/rewind controls correctly.  Ok/Pause/Play button control improvement also.
7. Changed: WMA tagging using WM/PartOfSet for disc numbers.
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks to Gianni).
9. Fixed: Video playback with Gizmo / WebGizmo was not working in build 115 due to an HTML escapement issue.
10. Changed: Updated to LAV filters .50.1.  Fixed crashes due to invalid subtitle data and certain dynamic format changes.  Improved Blu-ray stream detection.
11. Fixed: Possible leak when scrolling a list that was showing full resolution thumbnails.

17.0.115 (3/27/2012)

1. Fixed: Date formatting tokens %W and %U were counting from the first week in the month instead of the first week in the year.
2. Fixed: When tagging ID3v2 tags (MP3, WAV, DSF) with images other than just a front cover, the results could be unpredictable (Media Center will replace front and other images with the image in Media Center, and leave other types).
3. Fixed: Japanese locale (and maybe others) could have problems loading Podcasts.
4. NEW: Audio Path reports the source format (especially useful for seeing if DTS-MA, etc. is being decoded fully).
5. Changed: When toggling zones, Playing Now views are only switched to the new zone if they're in the current tab, split view, and not locked (so having multiple splits each showing a different Playing Now works nicely).
6. Fixed: With a Search List view category, the sorting could be disabled but stuck on 'Descending' causing the list to sort in reverse.
7. Changed: Resuming from standby, a Library Server client will sync with the server (must have 'Options > Media Network > Client Options > Auto sync with server' enabled).
8. Changed: A file will not be eligible to transfer to a handheld or burn to a CD/DVD until any queued tagging for that file has finished.
9. Fixed: Audio Path text was not readable with some skins.
10. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected pane item and picking an action could perform the action on the previous selection.
11. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.  Decoding speed increases, RealAudio Lossless support, lots of other improvements.
12. Fixed: Unusual behavior when corrupt podcast files were downloaded.
13. Changed: Improved visual smoothness when switching into Cover View (also removed black flicker when pressing stop from Cover View).
14. Changed: The Smartlist Editor doesn't show a drop list for 'Large Value' type fields like Description, etc.
15. Changed: If video playback is paused when entering Theater View, it is not automatically resumed if Theater View is exited to Standard View.

17.0.114 (3/26/2012)

1. Changed: When using list fields in Rename, Move, & Copy Files expressions, the full list can be retrieved by using 0 as the second field parameter (example: [Keywords, 0]).
2. Fixed: The server core was not supporting HTTP/1.1 pipelining correctly, causing scrambled artwork in WebGizmo on iOS 5, and possibly other problems.
3. Fixed: WebGizmo better handles escapement of invalid characters.
4. Changed: Tweaks to ensure WebGizmo pages pass W3C validation.
5. Fixed: Date formatting was not outputting a literal percentage properly when using %%.
6. Changed: Date formatting supports %W and %U.

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.122 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:39:56 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D
thank you and happy easter to all

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:53:04 pm »

Happy Easter!

Just a quick bug. In detach view, when I right click and select "Always on top", Media Center will crash. The funny thing is that the setting is actually remembered. So if I open it up again, and right click, I will see that "Always on top" is selected or deselected based on the previous selection.

Don't Panic!

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:04 pm »

escaflo
Are you using any sort of desktop management  or multi-monitor software?
I only ask because I am running Actual Windows Manager and I had to create custom settings for MC to prevent a crash when using a detached display.
Sean

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:29:23 am »

This update broke my TV Playpack. Channels change way slower than before and some time i just get a black screen with no audio/video.

DVB-T Playback was working fine in .117

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:46:08 am »

Arbiter I had a similar occurrence in the past and rescanning channels fixed the no audio/video problem. Worth a shot.
Sean

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46:09 am »

Hi Scolex

Nope I am not. This pc is directly connected to the Onkyo receiver via hdmi with no Desktop Management software.

Thanks!
Don't Panic!

sunfire7

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:23:29 am »

MC not writing alac rating properly? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68859.0
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Bob007

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:57:54 am »

I seem to have lost some library fields in the 'Find and Replace' option in 'Library Tools'.  Most notably, the 3 'filename' fields are not available  :-\

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 11:04:38 am »

I seem to have lost some library fields in the 'Find and Replace' option in 'Library Tools'.  Most notably, the 3 'filename' fields are not available  :-\

17.0.120 (4/3/2012)

9. Changed: Find & Replace no longer allows making filename changes (which move files).  Use the find & replace feature in Rename, Move, & Copy Files instead.

Discussion here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71242.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bob007

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 05:18:51 pm »

Discussion here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71242.0

Thanks.  I thought I was already on v120 so didn't read the full change log.  *inserts embarrassed smiley* :-[

sunfire7

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 01:37:59 am »

"lock display to this zone" option not working properly (remains always lock even when unselected)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up