INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get to the EXACT same view when starting MC17?  (Read 937 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
How do I get to the EXACT same view when starting MC17?
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:38:05 am »

When I start WMP it automatically returns to the same view it had when I shut it down including any artist/genre/year filtering. Say I was playing Bob Dylan and had a view of all his albums with tracks listed. If I shut down WMP and later start it up again I get back to viewing the exact same albums and tracks. Same goes for, let's say, looking only at albums from 2012 or a specific genre.

How do I make MC17 not only stick to the same general view, which it does nicely, but also for example return to he selected artist in artist view, a selected subfolder in file view, a specific selection in pane view and so on?

I just want to continue where I left of  ;D

Thanks for any help!!!

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I get to the EXACT same view when starting MC17?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:51 am »

Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location:Last Location

edit: A bit of testing shows that this won't do exactly what you want; selections inside of panesor searches appear to be reset when the JRiver is launched. But it will get you a lot closer to the place you left off. However, if you use the left-hand tree to drill down to a artist or album, that information will be preserved upon restart.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I get to the EXACT same view when starting MC17?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »

The option to return to the last selection would be a nice compliment to the idea suggested here—the ability to set the current selection as the default. They could be presented together on a Selection submenu on the tab drop-down menu...

• Reset
  • Use current as default
  • Use last as default
  • Clear default

This is the sort of behaviour some would like to change from time-to-time and set differently in different views. It would therefore be essential it be changed by menu rather than an option setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up