INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Mytek DSD playback over USB  (Read 2646 times)

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem with Mytek DSD playback over USB
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:36:55 pm »

Hi there,

Have been thrilled over MC's new support of DSD playback using DoP on the Mytek. However, using USB playback, myself and many other Mytek users have reported a problem with playback of mixed DSD and PCM playlists. After USB playback of DSD, playing a PCM track will give an error of "this sample rate is not supported". I've been waiting a while for this problem to be solved (obviously I could just use Firewire but i have hundreds of dollars invested in good USB cables).

Any progress on this end? Pretty frustrating to have to shut down MC to switch modes!

Thanks so much for your help.

Yeang

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Mytek DSD playback over USB
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:00 pm »

If you don't have it already, try this build:
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170125.exe

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:23:16 pm »

WIll do so. Think i am on build 122 at the moment.

Thanks Jim! Will report back if it is fixed.

If you don't have it already, try this build:
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170125.exe

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:23 pm »

Hi Jim,

Wanted to report back that playback of mixed PCM and DSD playlists is still broken in build 125 over USB with my Mytek. Playing a PCM file after DSD gives the error "xxx sample rate cannot be played" or some such. And going back to DSD is also problematic after and requires a computer reset sometimes.

This may be a driver issue but HQplayer Desktop does not have this problem even with the same USB driver. The problem is not present on Firewire.

Thanks for looking into this!
Yeang

Ki Choi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:21:57 pm »

Wonder if this had been fix in the latest MC18?

I am still having issue playing DSD DoP:

I had been happy with using the Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC and MC18 for PCM files.

However, when I tried to use it with the latest JRiver MC 18 following your software setting instruction, I still have problems in playing DSD and 2xDSD files I had recorded from Korg MR2000s.

I set the MC18 from JRiver site as

DSD over PCM (DoP)
DSD over PCM packs DSD into a PCM-like signal for bitstreaming. This works in a similar way to how AC3 is packed into a PCM-like signal for S/PDIF surround sound output.
JRiver was part of formation of the DoP standard.
DSD over PCM requires Media Center 17.0.106 or newer.
To bitstream using this method:
Select 'WASAPI - Event Style' in Options > Audio > Output mode (and configure 'Output mode settings...' as necessary)
Select Options > Audio > Bitstreaming > Custom... and check _only_ 'DSD over PCM (DoP)' (in MC17 and earlier, Bitstreaming is under Options > Video)
Customize the 'DoP Format' if you have an older device that does not support the DoP standard

However, I have the same problem mentioned by Yeang and the software converts DSD to 176 PCM files before playing and won't play the raw 2X DSD files at all.

If you had tried MC 18 in your office and have different settings, please let me know.

Sorry I posted this question on other forum in hopes that someone would respond...

Regards,

Ki
in Seattle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up