INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help on moving from old cover art structure of folder.jpg... to the new system.  (Read 2152 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

i've been using jriver for the last how many years as folder.jpg...
Could someone please guide me in changing all my folder.jpg's to the new system.
I'd like to be able to get series covers, and thumbnails to work.
Please see this post for more in depth explanation - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71621.new;topicseen#new
Thanks!

Quick view of how i set it up now
I use to have all tv shows setup with tv series cover art for each series & season, and for each episode (see screen)

Then i tried the get movie info, (spent over 3 hours again trying to get my season cover images back/ a bunch got deleted(that i actually made in photoshop, due to the season/series not having cover arts available in the past)
I do agree with you the feature of episode thumbnails is stellar. but one needs to be able to see the series, and season covers... otherwise it just looks unfinished in my opinion. (see screens)

this image shows series season covers as folder.jpg.(they use to all be nice and neat (and i made the season covers due to the fact they are not available anywhere.. and season 4 cover is gone now due to my own fault, of doing get movie/tv info, then choosing covertart/remove covert, then trying to rebuild.. but i accidently removed my folder.jpg notice also season 2 has diffrent cover now.. even though that's not the folder.jpg i originally made.

This image shows how all my other series are (without the neat thumbnails for each episode/the old trusted way) I would ideally like the episode thumbs to be there... but would rather have my top structure look neat. then all garbled up like image 2

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Let's take it slowly, and focus on one thing - your Series artwork.

1) Where is your cover art folder?  See Options > File Location > Cover Art.

2) What is the current contents of that folder?  Just the top level folders and a few representative files if necessary to describe.

3) Where is your Series artwork now, and how is it named?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HTPC4ME

sorry :)
1. i dont have a cover art folder. i've been using ... in the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)
2. i have 20 drives all full of data, so in music drive for example it would be folders A-Z then artists folders, then albums folders, then albums files then one .jpg named folder.jpg, For videos movie drive 1, movie name, then movie files and a folder.jpg... if OLDER movie rip (years ago) then movie drive, movie name, video ts, then video files, and a folder.jpg
3. same thing with series artwork, TV drive, series name, then series's, then episodes next to all episodes for that series ...folder.jpg.

Then i went into windows registry and changed thumbnail location to D drive/Installs/JRiver/Libraries/Server/Thumbnails, so it wasn't on Os drive due to how many thumbs it generates, and the end size. And also so that it was backed up and all jriver settings/locations were in that jriver Libraries folder.

Another thing to note. For the last maybe 3 years I've been using Auto meta, so when it scans for movies, or tv shows it would also grab backdrops, and posters, all those backdrops, and posters are next to the files/or next to folder.jpg but not named folder.jpg. there named backdrops/posters. Will we ever be able to use these? (in fact is there really  aneed anymore for these due to the fact JRiver now grabs artwork from google in theaterview? if i dont need them i'll delete them to conserve space.

On new jriver forum i've read somewhere that series, and video art is stored in app data location.. which scares me due to having such a large library...if we need to use those folders to accomplish this transformation, can those folders be moved next to jriver/Thumbnails on D drive?

MrC

You *do* have a cover art folder.  Go look.  See step (1).  :-)

HTPC4ME

GULP... My fault... ty i jumped the gun.

ok that will need to be changed.. it's located @ C\users\server\appdata\roaming\jriver\mediacenter 17\cover art\

MrC

Ok, so go ahead and change the Cover Art folder to a location that suits you.  Do this within MC and you should see its contents move from the old to the new location.

HTPC4ME

before i jump... Will this remove all the folder.jpg's, backgrounds, and posters from all drives, and rename them properly?

MrHaugen

Perhaps you would wait until Matt adds Season folder download for the online scraping system :) I'm not sure when it will be, but it's at least the next logical step as the option of season images have been added.

If you do this now, there is bound to be some more work for you. Even though you can probably import all cover art and rename and move then rather easily.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up